X

My GSXF/R

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GSXF/R

Well, it is official. All engine work (except the 600 mile maintenance) is complete with the Mexitana. It runs like a dream, and a bat outa hell. The power of that bike is unbelievable. It just begs to bet opened up and let go. We did a 350 mile ride last weekend, and it ran great. Had it up to about 120, with lots of room to go. Yesterday I got stuck in bad traffic, and wasn't sure how it was gona hold up to the stop and go (with a lot more stopping than going) in the heat, but it did great. Hopefully in the next few weeks we can get the rest of the body done and get that put on as well. Until then though, I am still riding it nekkid.

For those of you that are new or not sure what I am talking about, Corey and (with the help of our Prospect Boner a.k.a. Bonstrosity) transplanted a 89 1100 GSXR engine into a 99 Katana 750 frame. Lots of go fast power

The 600 mile maintance will be done Saturday morning, then more riding shall take place. The only other thing that needs to be done is to get the correct header and pipes on. Right now I am running a old Gixxer 750 header with my Katana D&D pipe. I am just waiting to get the dual cans, then I will be putting on a GSXR 1100 header, with dual exhaust. That 750 just seems to be not as free flowing as it needs.

Once the duals are on, I'll post pics!

-Sweet Lou OUT!

(It always sounds better when Ryan Seacrest says it.....)
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

is the dual exhaust factory or aftermarket? The 1100's use the same exhaust port size/spacing as the 750's don't they? So this dual exhaust setup may work as a solution for those who want to keep the dual look of a first gen, but with better performance. Sounds do-able, no? maybe with some simple bracketing to get the cans to mount right. hmmm.... let me know how it works out for you.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

You Bastage!

Comment

The 1100 exhaust I got was off a 93, and the diameter of the pipe is deffinately bigger. And yuppers, they are stock duals. I am just in need of some cans, and Mr. Special K had the answer for me until I can afford to get some aftermarket ones
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
          You Bastage!
          I already have pics posted!!!!

There have been no changes cosmetically since these pics were taken.... except for the nice dent in my tank now since the bike fell over in the truck.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Lou that is awsome, so glad you got her up and running.
            Is she ready to come to Kanadia yet?
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Hello World.

Comment

Re: My GSXF/R

Originally posted by SweetLou
                . I am still riding it nekkid.
                lets just skip the pictures, OK ?

tim

Comment

Even with the restricted pipes on that thing it must move fast.
                  I am jealous.

Joe
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, it moves fast. I brought it up to 9k rpm's tonight, rolled it up kinda slow. I'm afraid to just pop the throttle wide open
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Re: My GSXF/R

Originally posted by trinc
                      Originally posted by SweetLou
                      . I am still riding it nekkid.
                      lets just skip the pictures, OK ?

tim
                      I thought he rode furrey!!

Comment

Lou, a while ago you were asking what numbers you should put on the side of your franken-bike (1127/1100/600/none?). Personally, I vote to keep it clean, sans numbers. I did think of a good compromise suggestion, one that is understated and does not scream "I have a big engine!!" but still makes the right people ask questions: just like the title of this thread "GSXF/R". Just another idea.

I like that color too!
                        Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

Q: Which oil cooler are you using? Which CDI?

Curious...

Lookin' good

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by SoloScott
                            Lou, a while ago you were asking what numbers you should put on the side of your franken-bike (1127/1100/600/none?). Personally, I vote to keep it clean, sans numbers. I did think of a good compromise suggestion, one that is understated and does not scream "I have a big engine!!" but still makes the right people ask questions: just like the title of this thread "GSXF/R". Just another idea.

I like that color too!
                            Sweet Lou, in some cool vinyl lettering style would look way cool!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              Q: Which oil cooler are you using? Which CDI?

Curious...

Lookin' good

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Oil Cooler from the Kat 750. CDI from the Kat 750. Altenator from the Kat as well, just changed out the gear on the altenator from the 750 to the 1100 so the teeth would line up right. Basically all the electronics are the same, just changed out the engine. I am going to upgrade to super coils and maybe a bandit oil cooler in the future.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X