X

Need a owners manual! Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a owners manual! Help

Just bought a used 1996 GSX 600F Kat and need the owners manual for suspension settings for my weight (235 lbs) and for the track riding I have coming up. Does anyone know where i can locate either an original maual or something similar that would have that kind of information in it? Already checked Ebay.. no joy there.
    Chase

Have you tried calling a Suzuki dealership? They MIGHT be able to order you a copy. I'm at work right now, but I'm sure someone can at least look up the information you need right now. If there's no posts here, I can check my manual when I'm at home.

Comment

Would appreciate that. You know of anywhere online that may have it to download?
      Chase

Comment

You *might* be able to find it at www.motofiches.com (when they are up and running -- it's down right now). Membership required, no cost.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

try this site. even though you have a 96 they have a 98-02 manual you can download for free.

Comment

You don't need and owner's manual just for suspension settings , as there's not much you CAN adjust on Katanas . Just up the rear preload a notch and see what it feels like . About all you can do , really ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Re: Need a owners manual! Help

Originally posted by jeccami
              Just bought a used 1996 GSX 600F Kat and need the owners manual for suspension settings for my weight (235 lbs) and for the track riding I have coming up. Does anyone know where i can locate either an original maual or something similar that would have that kind of information in it? Already checked Ebay.. no joy there.
              I am with md86 on that. And at 235lbs, I think it would be safe to say max firmness will work for you.

There are some on ebay that will cover your bike:

this is the one I have. description sat to 95, but look at the cover...it goes to 96.

and yet another...

want another?

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

How much of a difference is there from 1996 to the ones that started in 98?
                Chase

Comment

Originally posted by jeccami
                  How much of a difference is there from 1996 to the ones that started in 98?
                  The 98 gets a different engine design, different carbs, a different fairing design, a new wheelbase and steering angle... basically, it's a whole different bike. On the flip side, most of the basics from the owner's manual remain the same (such as how to use the petcock, fill the gas, check the chain, etc) and the engine really wasn't massively redesigned (just enough to be different).

KNOW THIS:
                  The 96 - 05 use the new style CR9EK spark plugs; the plugs was an odd-year change. For European markets, the '96 & '97 supposedly also get the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) that shows up in the '98 model year in the USA/Candian markets.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the info... Especially on the plugs. I am going to get those checked out next week.
                    Chase

Comment

Working...
                    X