X

handlebar mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handlebar mod

I want to fill my handlebars with bb's (by this forums recomendation) and put some aftermarket bar ends on but there is that welded nutplate in the end of my bars that needs to go. Has anybody ever gotten rid of that. What's the best way to do it?

somebody chime in i could use some info about this
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

BB's??? What the heck for?
      if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Extra weight..helps soften vibration a bit.
        Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Iv been thinking about doing the BB thing or lead shot but I was wondering how well it actually worked.
          PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
          The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Can't you fiil the BB's through the hole in the nut?
            92 Katana 600 Project bike
            Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

I can fill it with bb's from the inside if I take the little plastic cap off but I need to remove those nutplates on the end in order to put on some lockhart phillips bar ends. So does anybody actually have bb's or anything in their handlebars?

Comment

Ive heard of others using lead or bb's in there.. but Ive not found the need to do it personally..some nice gel grips and gloves seem to do ok for me.

Comment

I think you can pull out the plastic cap at the other end and fill from there. I was going to put a bar snake in a few years ago but the nut at the one end and the bolt channels (for mounting the switches) stopped me. BBs should work though.
                  Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

yes...fill it from the end at the clamp...its just a friction fit...pop it off

Comment

this maybe a dumb question, but..... how much BB's are you suppose to put in it? do you just fill up the bars all the way? how do you do the lead? do you just melt it and pour it in? (i think the lead would be easier for me) thanks
                      PAUL
                      93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

My Twin vibrates alot....maybe I'll fill the cyclinders?!

Comment

I just bought a 20 pound bag of lead shot from a sporting goods store and filled the bars through the welded nut in the end. Worked great, not nearly as much vibration now. As for removing the welded nut, I think you would be better off buying a new set of universal 7/8" handle bars from Lockhart Phillips. Or take your bars to someone with a blow torch that knows what they are doing.

Comment

How much of the bag did it take to fill the bars?
                            PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                            The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

I had the lead bb's in a older bike. I didn't know this until I went to put new grips on. I lost a few of them and thus noticed more of a vibration in the bars, so I had to get more of them. I would do both, get the aftermarket bars and load them with bb's.
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X