X

go go Ebay.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go go Ebay.

After several months of looking for carbs, and trying a swap with Lou, which didn't suit his needs, I finally found my carbs. My "bike guy" at the dealers told me not to pay more than $150-175 for a used set of oem carbs, so I tried to stay in this range, while seeing carbs going for $350-400 on ebay and in classifieds on the race bike forums. I was at the point where I was ready to surrender to the fact that I might have to pay the price and swallow the bullet. Then behold....Ebay comes through.
    I sat with my face glued to the screen, hitting refresh, for like the last 10 minutes just to see if someone tried to swipe them from me.

Sweet deal at $165. Sorry Lou...I know you probably don't want to see this...lol.

Now if I can get a similar deal on the set of 41mm Keihin's that I have my eye on, then both my bikes will have plent of gas to drink.

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Wow those things dont even look like they have ever been used.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

they have been totally reconditioned and jetted...but then never used cuz he went with a set of lectrons. It has been a good day with ebay. I just snagged a set of Dyna race coils for $45...retail $170. I will sleep well tonight knowing those 2 headaches are taken care of now. Well, almost....I still have to get the tank to fit the bike....I have the same prob Lou had.

edit: it has been jetted with Factory Supersport kit. Anyone have any experience with them?

Comment

Hey , how come you got 2 #3's ?
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Hey , how come you got 2 #3's ?
          dunno. maybe he stutters when he counts to himself and ran out of carbs when he got to 4.

Comment

Maybe he counts with his fingers , and ran out !
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X