X

Corbin Seats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin Seats

Ihave a 97 kat 750 and i was wondering if anybody has any experience with the corbin seat that is available,i commute 150km a day and the stock one kind of gets uncomfy after an hour in traffic

I own a corbin, as well as a few other other guys on here. I think it is safe to say that anyone who owns one only has good things to say about them. I like mine alot. Although I have a travelcade as well, and I prefer that over the corbin for comfort.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Yep corbin's are cool. I had on one a previous bike I owned and I loved it. Some think the gel seat is more comfortable, but either way, its better than the stock..which is good in its own right compared to other stock seats.

Comment

I love my Corbin... and you can have it -- when the pry my cold, dead butt cheeks off it!

For the early Kat 600s (I think pre-98 600), they have stopped making the seat-pans for them in-house (not sure why), so you need to send them a seat that they can use the pan out of to make your seat -- unless the pre-96 Kat 750 takes the same seat (???).

You can find the info on what they offer here:

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have a Corbin on my '02 750. I'm finding it kinda hard and flat, and damn if I'm not feeling a heck more vibration than I use to. However, I've only had it on for about 3 weeks, so I'll wait a bit more and break it in before I pass final judgement. Hopefully it gets better before my 3K km trip in a month's time!

Looks nice on the bike thou...

Comment

Originally posted by ngilbert
            I have a Corbin on my '02 750. I'm finding it kinda hard and flat, and damn if I'm not feeling a heck more vibration than I use to. However, I've only had it on for about 3 weeks, so I'll wait a bit more and break it in before I pass final judgement. Hopefully it gets better before my 3K km trip in a month's time!

Looks nice on the bike thou...
            I have to say... and this is meant with no disrespect to anyone... if you have a hard boney arse & thin thighs and sit squarely on the stock seat, the corbin can be a let down... on the other hand, if your bottom spreads and/or you have large thighs, you'll normally be more comfy on the Corbin. It does take quite some time to break in (using mink oil helps soften the leather for break-in), and you really need to hours in the saddle at a pop to appreciate it for the most part... The biggest difference is the way you feel after 4 or 8 or 12 hours in the saddle.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks For The Input,I think i will hold off on getting one just yet as i am planning a rebiuld in the winter.

Comment

I scored one from the owner of this site for dirt cheap ! :P Yeah , they're wider for sure , and a little less padding , but oddly it's not uncomfortable . No REAL roadtrip yet , but on some 300 mile play-days , I was doin okay at the end of the day ...
                Cyber , pre 600 and 750 use different seats . 600 has a two-piece seat thing .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've had 2 Kats, 1988 1100 and a 2000 750, both had Corbins and every bike I own for the rest of my life will have a Corbin. 300-500 mile days are no problem. They are that good IMHO!!

Comment

I've heard nothing but good about Corbin.

Actually looking to possibly get the one with the little passenger flip up back thing for when my wife goes along.

...when I get it running again
                    Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

Comment

Originally posted by jp1

Actually looking to possibly get the one with the little passenger flip up back thing for when my wife goes along.

Don't buy the passenger seat back from them -- buy mine! I don't use it since the GF got her own bike... in mint condition.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Don't buy the passenger seat back from them -- buy mine! I don't use it since the GF got her own bike... in mint condition.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        I'll come calling on that one as soon as it gets running.

She only got to go out riding with me maybe 4 times last year, so she was really looking forward to going this summer until it broke.
                        Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

Comment

Originally posted by jp1

I have one for mine. it is handy for the passenger. especially on the big kats because when cruising, they can sit right up. it is also better for me...cuz i am supporting their weight. alot of people don't like the "nothing behind them" feeling. even i hate that feeling. i went off the back of a dirtbike once, when I wasn't ready....it kinda scarred me. i also left my gf on her ass in the middle of the road at 3am one night. i stopped in the road to yap with a buddy about where the party was.....and when done I took off. totally forgot to warn the gf. she didn't get hurt, but there was alot of people standing around and laughing...so her pride was bruised to hell. i payed for that dumb move. anyway....that was in my cowboy days...just a flashback. i am sure this won't apply to you. my point is that a backrest can help alot in making the passenger feel more secure. i even tested the theory on some of my friends. they try it both ways and they all pretty much agree that they enjoy the ride more with the backrest. I highly recommend it .
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            I have to say... and this is meant with no disrespect to anyone... if you have a hard boney arse & thin thighs and sit squarely on the stock seat, the corbin can be a let down... on the other hand, if your bottom spreads and/or you have large thighs, you'll normally be more comfy on the Corbin. It does take quite some time to break in (using mink oil helps soften the leather for break-in), and you really need to hours in the saddle at a pop to appreciate it for the most part... The biggest difference is the way you feel after 4 or 8 or 12 hours in the saddle.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            LOL! No disrespect taken here! Believe me, I got big thighs (and the curse that goes along with them) but my butt is a little boney. I am breaking it in with leather products, hopefully soon I'll be singing even more praises...

Comment

Originally posted by ngilbert
                              I am breaking it in with leather products, hopefully soon I'll be singing even more praises...
                              Ummmmm....the saddle, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X