Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Morning ride ruined before it even started (Weather Rant)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning ride ruined before it even started (Weather Rant)

Just a weather rant, no storys about accidents or crazy cagers here.

Oh this morning was going so well. I got up about 6:45, and took the dog for the walk. When I got outside the sky was mostly clear with that pink color andlight winds that usually means mid-morning showers. The temperture was perfect. I hurry home put on the morning weather, and they confirm clear morning with sporadic showers starting around noon... plenty of time to get a nice little ride in.

I grab my morning coffee, gear up and hit the front door at a quarter to eight, with visions of having an empty four lane highway all to myself on a picture perfect Saturday morning. And as I walk out on my porch, helmet in hand, the sky opens up. Right now I'm looking at a steady non-sporadic rain shower that's looking like it plans on sticking around all day.

So now I get to spend my morning paying bills, and ranting about losing a great ride on the internet. At least I get to drive to Costco later. Maybe I'll my make some "VROOM VROOM" noises on the way to make myself feel better.

Me too

Originally posted by redkat750 View Post
    Just a weather rant, no storys about accidents or crazy cagers here.

Oh this morning was going so well. I got up about 6:45, and took the dog for the walk. When I got outside the sky was mostly clear with that pink color andlight winds that usually means mid-morning showers. The temperture was perfect. I hurry home put on the morning weather, and they confirm clear morning with sporadic showers starting around noon... plenty of time to get a nice little ride in.

I grab my morning coffee, gear up and hit the front door at a quarter to eight, with visions of having an empty four lane highway all to myself on a picture perfect Saturday morning. And as I walk out on my porch, helmet in hand, the sky opens up. Right now I'm looking at a steady non-sporadic rain shower that's looking like it plans on sticking around all day.

So now I get to spend my morning paying bills, and ranting about losing a great ride on the internet. At least I get to drive to Costco later. Maybe I'll my make some "VROOM VROOM" noises on the way to make myself feel better.
    Same thing happened to me this morning! I was going to ride in to work and it was raining. Oh well... cage day.

Comment

You won't melt, I promise

You can still ride. I find riding in the rain a little therapeutic at times
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post

Comment

That sux. Too bad you're not here in the valley.

2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
          BMC Notorious 918 HT
          2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post

ditto

Buy rain gear and RainX for the visor, problem solved. It's only water after all.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

yeah riding in the rain is cool sometimes .. but if you dont like it .. it really wont be a fun ride so kinda defeats the purpose .. luckily tomorrow is a new day
              so many roads so little time

Comment

At least it's only one day. I am just getting ove a cold and now it's raining for 2 days with promisses of snow tomorrow. Hoping it will straighten up after that.

Comment

yeah, today was a crap day...weatherwise.

it was raining...all day..70 degrees and raining.

not "oh, look, a few sprinkles, I'll take a ride" but "OMFG, GET TO THE ARK" kind of sideways 40mph rain ya cant see thru at times.

meh...color me annoyed.

See My Garage for mods...
                  T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                  Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Yeah, raining in the rain, I don't know I have to be in the mod. But nothing ruins my mo jo more then getting suited up for what appears to be a beautiful day and then it starts pouring when I step outside.

Comment

It's harvest season here and the tractors/harvesters pull that crap (usually clay) onto my favourite spots to ride........clay and rain are not a good mix on a curve. I learned that a few years ago.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Yep, the clay thing doesn't sound fun at all unless you're ridin a dirt bike... its not lookin too promising here til... well... march! Well, maybe not that long, but its about 35 and rain/snow mix. Got in a short ride yesterday, dodgin rain showers and wet road. Not looking good in the temperature or moisture departments for the next couple of weeks!!! Mother nature is a B****!!!!
                        Yes, I am a pirate. Two hundred years too late! - J.B.

Comment

Been there , done that . Usually I just say "F you mother nature" , and go for a ride in tha rain to prove a point to that evil wench .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                            Been there , done that . Usually I just say "F you mother nature" , and go for a ride in tha rain to prove a point to that evil wench .
                            I've done that before in a car with questionable tires, and mother nature showed me the hard way just how unimpressed she was. I'm still fairly green and the tires on my bike haven't hit the recommended break in mileage yet, so I'll just let mother nature win for the time being

Besides I got to go riding this morning. It was thirty degrees colder than yesterday but the sun was shining nice and bright. Had to cut it short because my hands started getting too numb to work the clutch smoothly but it was nice while it lasted.

Comment

At least it's only rain you're complaining about. I woke up yesterday to find 4 inches of snow had fallen. I finally decided it's time to put the Kat into the shed for winter hibernation.
                              My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X