X

changing panels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing panels

how hard is it to put on a 06 rear plastic and taillight on my 01 katana 600

My understanding is that the hard part is getting the parts together, lots of people looking to buy the 03+ tail. Easy swap aside though...
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that the rear section of the frame was different. I know I have read something about rack incompatibility between the 98-02 and the 03+ bikes.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

When you figures it out, let me know.

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
          mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

looks like two clips in the back doesn't line up, and if you look closely ( I remember this on an orange kat also), where the tail fairing meets the side fairing, it doesn't line up just right. something else need to be modified to fit it exactly. Brain_M also did the swap and his looked perfect.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
          and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
          and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.
          Last edited by Mat0302; 11-10-2008, 08:47 AM.
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

very common upgrade .. but finding the parts is always the hard part
            so many roads so little time

Comment

I've never done the swap but several members have and can chime in. I do believe you will need the seat latch from the newer tail as well.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
              X