Is it every too hot to ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by Mojoe
    I used to have a nice metal canteen that was in an insulated pouch. that was on a belt and went around my waist. I took a piece 1/4 in brake line cut to length so it went to the bottom of the canteen and tapped the end of it for about an inch. Then I drilled the cover of the canteen and secured the brake line with an o-ring and a nut inside and outside the cap. then I attached a rubber hose to it with a spring clamp and cut it to legnth so clip to my jacket. When I needed a drink, I just flipped up the visor, grabbed the end of the hose and stuck it in my mouth. It was very easy to make. I used to crush up some ice and half fill the canteen with it so the water would stay cold longer. I could have good drinking water for 4-5 hours. It was also handy when fly-fishing. I could be up to my crotch in a river and a drink of water was available while keeping my hands relatively free. That is where I lost it. I left it on a riverbank. I am going to make another someday soon.
    The guys from Camelback found it on that riverbank, improved it slighty, patented it (well, I would imagine they did) and are now making a killing... should have done the same yourself :P

=-= The CyberPoet
    you know.....I have never heard of Camelback.....and I have never seen anything like what I needed when I made it. I just went to the site and they have 2 belt ones that are along the same idea. and yes...I should have patened it. I should have taken the hint when my riding buddies used to say, "great idea".
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
      Well, I really emphisize gear, but sometimes it's just too damn hot! (even with perfed leather)

option 4
      Sometimes you just have to go Squidly......

Comment

it may not ever be too hot, but I do make up my mind some days depending how hot it is on whether i want to or not. I dont care how much you like to ride, when it is 115 degrees outside, I aint putting on the gear and going out riding unless I had to. I dont even like to drive in that weather. Sit me in front of the tv with the a/c on and I will watch videos of people riding , lmao
        Big Cory
        SBFMC 707
        2005 Hayabusa

Comment

You can always convert your helmet into one of those hard hats w/ the can holders on the side and a curved straw to fit under your helmet

Comment

It really takes some of the fun out of it. If I havent ridden for a week or so, I'll ride no mattter what!!

Comment

Heat index for today in my area is 103* F. I'll be riding!

Anyone ever used a Camelbak while riding? I'll bet the dispenser tube could be slipped under the helmet's chinstrap for convenient hydration. Thoughts?
              2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

I live in the southwest so it is hot and dry. If it's real hot out, I'll soak myself down with a squirt bottle and hit the highway. Just like that, instant evaporative cooling. Wouldn't work well in humid areas though.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                  You can always convert your helmet into one of those hard hats w/ the can holders on the side and a curved straw to fit under your helmet
                  now there's the man with the master plan!
                  Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

Comment

Originally posted by Katastrophe

Anyone ever used a Camelbak while riding? I'll bet the dispenser tube could be slipped under the helmet's chinstrap for convenient hydration. Thoughts?
                    Hey, thats my idea

Comment

Most of the time when it gets too hot, I just ride nude. Keeps me pretty cool. No, just kidding. I do have to admit, I can be caught riding to class in the head sans gear. *I'm ashamed*

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                        Originally posted by Katastrophe

Hey, thats my idea
                        I imagine run through the strap would be kinda uncomfortable , plus it'd probably kink the hose so nothing would come out . But it only takes a second to grab the hose and slip it under your chinbar . Just make sure you hang the hose over your right shoulder so you can grab it with your LEFT hand when needed .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If I'm just going to work or around town when there is traffic days like today (95 °F Feels Like 101 °F) I'll take the Jeep. If I'm out away from Houston traffic I'll ride no matter the temp. Don't think the bike likes sitting in traffic on a freeway that's already well over 100 °F
                          2001 Katana 600
                          1998 Jeep TJ 4.0
                          2005 Subaru Impreza STi

Comment

Most of the time when it gets too hot, I just ride nude.
                            one word: eeeeeeewwwwww.

[/quote]Hey, thats my idea

Hey man, great minds think alike!

I imagine run through the strap would be kinda uncomfortable , plus it'd probably kink the hose so nothing would come out . But it only takes a second to grab the hose and slip it under your chinbar . Just make sure you hang the hose over your right shoulder so you can grab it with your LEFT hand when needed .

You know, that makes a lot of sense, but with my innate clumsiness, I would probably end up being one of those "Caption This" shots. I just got a mental picture of the ER doc saying, "Boy, THAT was a million to one shot. How'd that get THERE!"
                            2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                              Nice ride Bob and it is not to hot here but in Arizona you only ride at night in the summer.
                              I'm an Arizona native, born here in Phoenix ... I have a car with A/C and I never use it save when I'm taking my daughter to or from school. Hell, now that she's on summer vacation she'll go places with me on the Kat in triple-digit weather!! In fact she'll think of places to go just to ride with me. I love my kiddo!!
                              Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Ok. It was hot yesterday. Sitting in traffic on the highway really sucks with a black non-mesh jacket on. I think I am gona invest in a Mesh now cuz DAMN!
                                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                                -Ohlins Susupension
                                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X