Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anybody got any tips on beating security gates?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would ask for the sensor to be recalibrated, or for them to take a foot off the end of the gate.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

A few years ago, from work, I rushed to Mayo hospital to visit one of our good friends. I sat at the damn gate for 10 minutes, furious. I was hot enough to park my bike at the gate and rush in, with the Kat blocking the entire entrance. A security gaurd saw me leaving and got all mad at me. I explained the situation as I was beyond reasoning at this point my goal was to get inside, regardless of my bike. He calmed my state of duress, got me through the gate and found me a parking spot. So, going to leave to, and to pay for the parking for about 10 hours, I get to the Ticket dude , with no ticket, he was like... "Next time, drive past, we don't charge motorcycles". Thanks for the sign, azzhats.

Man, that still makes me mad... All turned out well, regardless.

There is now a sign

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
        I have two gates. One won't recognize my bike unless I get sideways on it and put my whole bike on the sensor. It's difficult. The other recognizes the bike.

I believe your HOA should have it calibrated to work properly, but in the mean time what I do is carry my gate-opener with me anyway, so I can open the IN gate when I get home. So, when I'm leaving if I forget and decide to go out that particular fubared gate, I click the button and go OUT the IN.
        +1! I had the same problem and connected the gate opener to my highbeams so when I approached the gate I just hit the switch and...
        sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
          the best way to beat a parking lot sensor is with a 12 pound maul. 18v DeWalt cordless circlesaw or sawzall works well to cut the barrier too

Or he could always hire Corey and I to do our best at it.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by redkat750 View Post
            It's doesn't have a code or clicker for exit. Its just a sensor to get out, I'm going to talk to the manager to find out what kind.
            Once you find out what kind, I can tell you how to overcome it.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well I finally was able to talk to the manager of the apartment complex. She didn't know what type of mechanism the gate sensors operate on, but she said that they have remotes availble to open the gates (in addition to the key cards for the entrance, and sensors for the exit). Cost is thirty five bucks. So I guess I have my solution.

Comment

thats crap that you have to pay to be able to leave your apts .. our entry cards were 25 .. but atleast the exit gates work correctly .. though when you turn it in .. you should be refunded
                so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by eviilil0ne View Post
                  thats crap that you have to pay to be able to leave your apts .. our entry cards were 25 .. but atleast the exit gates work correctly .. though when you turn it in .. you should be refunded

I hope so. They leave the gates open during normal business hours, and the only reason I am trying to leave before that is so I can get out on the streets on weekend mornings before traffic starts up. After a few low traffic rides on the streets around where I live I am pretty sure I would be fine with traffic during normal hours. I probably won't need it more than a month, if even that. I'd just deal with normal traffic, but I live right off a major traffic artery, so during regular hours the traffic is pretty heavy, and not anything I want to deal with until I am as automatic with my bike as I am with my truck.

Comment

The question, I guess, is will they reimburse you the $35 when you move out if you return the remote?

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well the 25 i paid was a deposit on the gate card .. most likely his will be also
                      so many roads so little time

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                        The question, I guess, is will they reimburse you the $35 when you move out if you return the remote?

I would hope so, but the company that owns the property likes to charge a fee for anything extra, and the manager didn't say it was a deposit. But then again I didn't ask whether it was a fee or refundable deposit so maybe I'd get my money back. She did tell me where the sensors are and I am going to take another shot at tripping them next weekend, though from her description they were pretty much where I thought they were last time I tried. If that doesn't work I guess I 'll just be patient and wait for someone else to leave. If I decide to make early morning rides my regular weekend thing I guess I'll pony up. I suppose in the greater scheme of things its not that much, even if it does turn out to be non-refundable.

Comment

sometimes the best spot is where they cut the road on the left side , so rectangular shaped cuts on the road where they installed the sensor.

also i have heard of puting magnets on the bottom of your frame so the magnetic sensor gets a better sence of something thier on top of it.

other times usaly thier is a walkway with a droor that i would go out , lean over the windscreen and open it then push it open with ur tire till the door is close enough to use ur hand to open it more and ride threw
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X