X

Rain Rain go away!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Rain go away!

I am really starting to hate FL. It has been raining here almost everyday for two weeks strait. I haven't been able to ride but one evening, for about a half hour, when it let up for a bit. I think I'm seriously going through withdrawls. I feel like I'm living in freekin' Seatle or something. Sunshine state my arse! Just thought I'd rant a bit. Oh well later.
    92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Don't feel bad. It's the same here with more to come.

Comment

Yeah there's no let up here anytime soon either with the tropical storm over in the gulf and all. Ugh.....

Comment

I'm with you Nice guy. I was just sitting in the garage watching the rain come down today and getting more pissed at it every minute.

Comment

2 weeks of rain? I take that any time over the 6 months of winter , snow and freezing rain we had here in Toronto.
          www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

2 weeks and counting......Much more and I'm gonna have to look into building an Ark!

Comment

It's been like that here too. Finally quit today around lunch, and been sunny and 70's, so been out riding . Sucks tho, probably be raining again by tomorrow.
              2002 R1
              Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

Cant really complain here.. They've been calling for rain for the last week, and only had that 1 day where it was bad Tstorms and hail, other than that, its just been muggy as all hell and around 85-90 everyday. In fact they called for rain all day today for the charity ride, not one drop, great day.

Sooner or later though, it's PA, it'll catch up to us, so don't feel too bad.

Comment

Just do what us semi-natives do -- ride anyway It's not like the rain is cold, nor that your bike is semi-naked (that fairing is part of why I choose the Kat)...

Either that, or ride between the rains... Polarized glasses will help you see where the rain is when you scan the skies (you learn to identify which clouds are the right shade of dark, and after a year or two, you even get to know both the smell of upcoming rain [the negative ionization in the air] and the sudden change in the wind as a result)

(I suppose if you're really fast, you can ride between the rain drops )

No cure for tropical storms though... I've ridden through a couple hurricanes -- a tropical storm is just a tropical storm

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Dont forget the helmet shield wipers to fit on ur glove too

Comment

I'd switch with you any day to be able to ride year round!
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Matt, same here. This time of year is always chance of rain almost everyday.
                        Keith Paton
                        Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                        13 GSXR750

Comment

I'm with CP, there's only been a couple of days in the past couple weeks that I haven't ridden to work.
                          --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
                          --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

no rain in Cali....

I have been to florida and that is some serious rain you get out there. like the song says..."It never rains in Southern California....". But Boy is it hot!

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about...I'm up the the NW (Seattle like weather as you say), but I never winterize my bike and pretty much ride year round...Rain, is just water and that's pretty much how my Katana stays clean

Comment

Working...
                              X