X

wire.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wire.

I was replacing one of my tail lights due to the aformentioned stupid drop, and dicided to pull the broken lighting system the previous owner had put in. i had never really taken a look at it, and well, i was really suprised at what i found. the kit he used came with lots of wire... but instead of only using what he needs and cutting it short, he used ALL of it. I pulled maybe 100 ft of wire out of my bike, all of it un needed. here is the pile of junk i pulled out. I didn't save all the wire, but I just thought I would post some of it. The worse part? some of it under the fairing was secured with SCOTCH tape. Yeah. I know!

Oh, and those gloves were stufed in there too, as a buffer for some of it so it wouldn't rattle

big version attached
    Attached Files

wow, some people???
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Now i leave some slack but dizam!
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Guess he was worried he'd run out

Comment

extra for those days you need to pull the blinkers & brakelights out and set them up for emergency lighting for the camp site?

Well, that's a new one on me... the easiest way to drop a couple lbs off the bike is to remove the excess wiring

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That's one hell of a service loop
            --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
            --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              That's one hell of a service loop
              What he said!

Comment

Thats the thing though. They were hooked up to the neons, tied in a bundle in that little trough behind the battery, and right behind the break light. The guy had six neons (one over the little two part gap next to the engine, one in the rear wheel well, and one down near the shifter (and the same setup on the right side as well). It looked really sweet when they worked (he showed me some pics).

It may just be my mind, but I think I can actually feel the difference in the ride. *shrug* at any rate, its the scotch tape that really blows my mind.

Comment

Yeah, the kats are heavy enough, without adding to it

Comment

Now you have to understand though sometimes youhave to have thatmuch slack int eh wire if you do not want to mess with soldering the connections back together. For instance my Leds strips have a bit of extra that i bundled up ip tired and put in my battery tray. I could have snipped them but each wire also goes into a command module for the remote. So i can see in a wa why they miight not have snipped them.
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I hate finding hacked work on a used vehicle that I bought, especially a motorcycle. It makes me wonder what else the previous novice-mechanic touched, and then I'm all scared to trust the safety of the bike.

What was the power source for the wiring/lights? Was it coming right from the battery and without an inline fuse, or some other unfused source?? If so, that was a bike fire just waiting to happen!! I shudder to think.
                      Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

Yep. No fuses or anything. Even worse, all the switches for the lights (three) were soddered TOGETHER. As in, the swithes were angles so that all the power connectors were touching, then a single power line strait from the battery was soldered. Oh, and no protection for it. I redid that, but yeah.

Comment

WOW! THAT was about the worst I've seen, and I've seen LOTS of used Kats!

I could tell ya' stories...................
                          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Damn. Looks like someone had stock in Radio Shack.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

so you got a free pair of gloves you did not know about. better check out other parts to, you might have a sock in there somewhere.

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Working...
                              X