X

refill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refill

What's up! God bless to all. It's the sandman. My back brake oil level is low. when adding oil to res, do I need to bleed the back brakes?
    Last edited by sandman67; 01-13-2009, 05:38 AM.

if it was really low ,yes.i do. better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman67 View Post
      What's up! God bless to all. It's the sandman. My back brake oil level is low. when adding oil to res, do I need to bleed the back brakes?
      I would not add oil, try adding brake fluid and if they have not been bled in the last 3 years then yes I would bleed them.

Tok

Comment

Brake fluid needs to be bleed/flushed every 2 years normally, every year (or more often) in high humidity environments. All kats take DOT 4 brake fluid as standard, and that means the fluid is either clear or a very light amber when new; as it loads up with water content, it darkens or becomes murky (or both). If it reaches the point that it can't support any more water in suspension, the water drops out and pools at the bottom of the system, where it can cause all sorts of failures (including ones that can readily kill you).

I sell SpeedBleeder brand kits specifically for the Kats, which make bleeding the brakes a very simple chore (SpeedBleeders are one-way valves, which when opened, let fluid out under pressure without letting air in). See this thread for pricing, details: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58596

Also note that 98+ rear calipers have two bleeders -- one on the inside and one on the outside. Bleed the inside bleeder to flush the system completely.

Finally: I highly recommend Castrol GT LMA brake fluid as the best-choice replacement for the Kats.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X