X

Trading my bike for a Honda VFR800

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading my bike for a Honda VFR800

I have an 06 Kat 600 and Im thinking about trading it for this 03 VFR800 by honda...its sport tour but looks way more aggressive and i love the way the back looks. Im not sure if your familiar with what one looks like but this is it right here...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4Ez_Lgerc"]YouTube - Honda VFR800 VTEC[/ame]

It also has ABS...so for an additional 1500 bucks im gettin 800cc, a more aggressive style, fuel injection, and Anti-lock brakes..

What do u guys think of the bike?

thanks!

As long as you're comfortable with the VTEC, everything else about that bike is awesome without a doubt.

Comment

Honda is a much better bike! I'd say its a good deal.

Comment

i wonder how the vtech will feel...kinda weird but that 2003 with 8k miles on it is worth about 1500 bucks over my katana in the blue book value

Comment

The VFR's are nice bikes for sure. Anybody else notice that one in the video didn't sound quite right? Don't know why, but it sounded like it was real low on oil or something.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

I personally wasn't that startled by the VTEC kicking in. They are nice bikes, and on my short list right now.

If that is indeed the bike you are planning to purchase... it should almost like the valves need adjusting, or it's seen a rough life. The idle should sound much smoother than that.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

That one was showing 14,000 something miles on it, he mentioned 8k miles on the one he's looking at.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

definately looks more sports, but hopefully its not that one in the video

Comment

Jump on it, 600 for VFR after 1500 is good. They're super reliable bikes too. About the one in the video . . . that sound was through a VERY poor camera mic. It was only picking up the super high range, even when revved. I would go out on a limb and say the noise we're hearing isn't anywhere close to the real life noise. It sounded like it was only picking up about 800 to 12000 hz. Absolutely pathetic microphone.

Comment

That's a sweet ride.
                    Been looking at one myself.
                    2000 Kat 600
                    2001 Dodge Dakota 287
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by sportn1200
                    As my Moma always said that is why they make chocolate and vanillia peoples taste are different.

Comment

Just saw a guy at the gap on one. He rode from VA to CA and back. Looked like a pack mule. Great bikes
                      ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

Great Bike Go for It

Comment

my friend has a 01 VFR interceptor
                          once nice fast bike....

go for it as long as its not much of a $$ difference
                          97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                          94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

I love the styling and riding position - I was looking at the Viffers a few months ago; I would suggest you take a test ride and get the bike to 7k rpms and get comfortable with the feeling when the VTEC kicks in (it's not alarming but can be startling if you are not expecting it)

In some ways it feels to having the turbo kick in on a 4 Toyota Starlet
                            ~ Don't let the ego ride your bike; keep the shiny side up ~

Comment

Sounds like a great trade. I do wonder why someone would want to trade you straight-up, seeing as the value of the Viffer is higher. Oh well.
                              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                              X