X

I'm officially joining the idiot train!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

And you lube the chain while it's still warm , like AFTER you ride .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i've never had a bike i could get off the centrestand whilst sat on it, i'm a shortarse and even struggle to walk a bike backwards whilst on it ...

i always get them off the stand whilst stood to the left of it, either with one hand on the handlebar and the other on the grabrail or both on the bars
        it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

bummer mishap, sorry. somedays i feel like i'm the conductor of that train - the dumbville express...
          1989 Katana GSX750F
          1995 CB250 Nighthawk
          2004 YFZ-R6 (track bike)

Comment

sorry about your mishap walk it out!!
            With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
            The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
            To the bang bang boogie
            Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

Dented my tank on the left side the other day. Was getting air and moved the bike up to get the valve in a good position, didn't realize kickstand poped up (dumbass). Went to lean it back on the stand and it leaned (mostly caught it) leaned it against a concrete pole. happens, sucks.. but happens.
              sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
              '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
              '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

that's exactly how i dropped my '80 Kawi 750 LTD. She weighs in just as much as the kat if not a touch more. Rocked her down off the center stand, she started leaning away from me, and next thing i know, i'm standin there, left grip in hand, and she's on her side against the woodpile and old console sterio. Of course there was no room to get under her to lift so it was a major struggle to get her back up, hold her and then get around to get her onto the side stand. I had my heart attack that afternoon btw.

then there was the time i forgot to put the kickstand down on the 440 ltd at the gas station.

Oh, and falling off the sidewalk at Ericks just a few weeks after the paint on the Kat was finally complete. smucked up the right main fairing and broke the mirror.
                99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I can't get my bike off of the centerstand in my garage if I am sitting on it or standing over it because the floor is tiled. It just drags the stand across the floor! So, I stand on the left side of the bike with BOTH hands on the grips and put my RIGHT foot on the stand base and gently rock the bike forward and she drops right down. Only rolls forward about 4 inches. No problem.
                  Last edited by Mopar-Man; 10-16-2008, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I feel the pain....I did the same thing-but I was getting it up on the centerstand and lost it away from me. I lost my balance and fell on top and then over my bike....things just happen and life goes on- I still have all the scratches of that and when I laid it down recently.....and I don't plan to change it anytime soon. I ride my bike- it's not babied or ridden easy- I just recently washed the dirt off of it from last year...of course 46thousand miles on a 3yr old bike....I like to ride!
                    Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Don't feel bad. I had mine on the center stand and decided to drain the front forks. DUH!!!!!! I was standing on the side of the bike with a light grip on the bars and pushed down when down she went. Can you say ......DUMASS? I caught it just in time as the stand kicked out from under. After that I got my son to sit on the rear of the seat t keep it balanced. Never again!

Comment

Man that suxs... I done sumthing worse then that to my kat in the last month.. If it turns out like I want to I might share but right now Im not..
                        sigpic
                        Update Jul 11 2014
                        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                          Man that suxs... I done sumthing worse then that to my kat in the last month.. If it turns out like I want to I might share but right now Im not..
                          Wow! Did you scrogg it? It's OK to love you bike and long as you don't LOVE your bike.
                          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                          X