X

dropped my baby for the first time today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropped my baby for the first time today

so today was that fatefull day of watching my bike fall over for the first time, parked in a parking lot by a sub shop, didnt realize i was parked on a minor slope, put my kickstand down as i got off watched it slowly slide over, nothin i could do but gawk, bike fell down off snapped the clutch lever, thankfully that was the only damage and i got ahold of a friend who ran to the the bikeshop and got me a new one

Re: dropped my baby for the first time today

Originally posted by backdraft51185
    so today was that fatefull day of watching my bike fall over for the first time, parked in a parking lot by a sub shop, didnt realize i was parked on a minor slope, put my kickstand down as i got off watched it slowly slide over, nothin i could do but gawk, bike fell down off snapped the clutch lever, thankfully that was the only damage and i got ahold of a friend who ran to the the bikeshop and got me a new one
    That sucks, but it happens to everyone at least once (well, virtually everyone -- including me). Watch out for slopes in neutral (no good reason to ever park in neutral except for maintenance), and hot asphault (my kickstand ate a 1" hote in Wendy's parking lot the other day in under 5 minutes -- another 3 minutes getting my order and it might have gone over).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, its a helpless feeling indeed..and then doing that double take to see if anyone is watching is almost as bad!

Comment

backdraft, sorry to hear about the mishap. That's an embarrassing moment.
        Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

Dropping your bike sucks, but it happens. Welcome to the club. Like CP said keeping the bike in gear is a good idea when you park.

Comment

Never dropped the Katana. Have crashed it but never dropped it.
            Still putting everything back together.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. Atleast it was minimal damage. If you ever have to park on a slight slope, park facing uphill and with the bike in gear.

Comment

Sorry, that sucks, at least you got it out of the way with minimal damage
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Forget where I read it, but the idea was to carry a soda can (preferably empty), so you can (crush/flatten it ) and put it under the kickstand, and avoid problems with hot/soft surfaces.
                  I'm not saying I carry it , but ....... I remember it.

Comment

Aww sorry to hear about your baby!!! I know when I got my bike, My hubby was in our driveway and laid it down. I was SOOOO pissed at him. BUt, I realized it's gonna happen to everyone sometime or nother.

I just hope there's no one around when I do it. Very sensitive to things like that...
                    KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I parked on gravel a couple of weeks ago and it sank into the gravel an inch or two as I was walking away, I really thought she was going to fall but she stopped,Whew!
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Ouch, sorry to hear that.
                        Keith Paton
                        Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                        13 GSXR750

Comment

Dropped mine for the first time Tuesday.

Bought it last summer. 93 600 in pristine condition. Owned by a 53 yr old guy and only had 4200 miles.

Let me define stupidity for you all. Got to the end of the driveway, went to stop to check for traffic and the edge of the asphalt broke away under my right foot. I stayed with the thing too long trying to save it and lost. Leg and foot were pinned under bike and fortunately I had my cell phone available to call for help. End result, broken mirror and fracture of the 4th and 5th metatarsal. Fairings were saved and I've already replaced mirror. Looks damn nice just sitting in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieMav
                            Aww sorry to hear about your baby!!! I know when I got my bike, My hubby was in our driveway and laid it down. I was SOOOO pissed at him. BUt, I realized it's gonna happen to everyone sometime or nother.

I just hope there's no one around when I do it. Very sensitive to things like that...
                            Come to think of it, u havent laid it down yet have you? So far so good!

Comment

Nopers...Haven't laid it down yet. I know it's going to eventually happen, but I don't dwell on it.
                              KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X