X

My First day riding, and my first day on a Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First day riding, and my first day on a Katana

Firstly, when I bought my bike, I knew that due to reviews, its looks, its engine size and power, that it was the bike for me - where I could learn to ride, and take it to the limit down the road as a more experienced rider.

My first day, with my M1, I took my baby out for a boot, and burned a whole tank of gas. On city streets and 80kph limit roads this takes a long time. I left at Noon with an empty stomach, and rode all over. I managed to get back into my home town by evening, almost dark. I popped into a Subway absolutely famished, and packed down a 12" sub. Damn tasty. I walked into Tim Hortons and picked up a coffee, and made my way out to my bike.

I sat there, looking at my silver machine, looking back on the day. I was tired, well fed, and happier then all heck.

That was when I knew I was born to ride

sappy and silly sounding, but thats the way it is.

ahhhh...........

-Scott
    Race Superseries Novice Open, Amateur Superbike #224 Suzuki GSXR-1000

You can tell your Canadian hanging out at Timmies . Welcome to Katriders Grimmy.

Have you moved up to the M2 yet?
    Kyle

Comment

Aint it a great feeling, welcome aboard fellow canuck
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
        You can tell your Canadian hanging out at Timmies . Welcome to Katriders Grimmy.

Have you moved up to the M2 yet?
        Kinda.... I am, now eligable(took the course and I passed and its been 60 days), but I went to the MTO during work today, and after 15 minutes of waiting, the line did not move even 1 person. They had only 1 counter person working.

I am going back tommorow to file get my M2 filed.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

-Grimmy

Comment

Better bring some reading material,sounds like it might be a long wait!
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Went back today - no problem, no line up, was in and out in under 4 minutes with a photocopy of my cert paperwork.

Perfect timing!

-Scott

Comment

lets see some pictures

Comment

I remember my first time......so meaningful.

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Working...
                X