No announcement yet.
X

2 noob questions im sure...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving the lever pulls the cable which pulls a rail to the side lifting a plunger on each carb opening a passage that allows more fuel directly to the motor when startin cold. "Fuel Enrichment System" is the "official" name, but everybody calls it a "choke" anywho. (a choke closes a plate in the entrance of the carb "choking" off the airflow thus making the motor pull more gas and less air than normal thru the carb to start when cold)

Few weeks back at our Fix Um Up day i had to take a can of Marvel Mystery Lube spray and work over a choke cable to get it freed up. Took about a half hour of putzing and spraying and workin the cable. Dennis Kirk has new cables for like $12 plus shipping.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by ja5983 View Post
      ok so i fixed the choke and that totally fixed my startup problem...

i saw that the choke pulls out, not up and down, so i attached a zip tie to it and now i can pull the choke with the zip tie.. Bike starts up every time now :P
      Been there , done that . TWICE even , on mine AND someone else's . Nice work !
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

zip ties fix EVERYTHING

Comment

If you decide to change out the choke cable shoot CyberPoet a PM, he carries all that stuff.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
            If you decide to change out the choke cable shoot CyberPoet a PM, he carries all that stuff.
            The 88's don't use a choke cable.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
            X