Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

NEW LP carbon fiber signal/mirrors mounted!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW LP carbon fiber signal/mirrors mounted!!

Heyyy...

So I finally got a pair of these after waiting 1.5 months of backorder!

They are extremely smaller than stock, and some (if not all) will feel they are useless, but actually, I still maintained my general view of objects behind me.

Heres a pic

cool. makes your bike look huge. im not a fan of fake CF but if they're real, keep them like that, if not, i suggest you paint them to match. it would look really nice
    Hello World.

Comment

holy geez that pic is HUGE!! Nicely done!! Looks like you have some CF levers too. Grab some CF bar ends off ebay, and that'll really tie it all together even more.

Comment

thanks...the CF is not real, but when I bought the bike it already had front carbon fiber look signals, so I just went ahead and built off of that.

you can probably see the bugs on my light the pic is so big lol

Its a cheap alternative for ppl looking to get rid of those larger stocks...only 30$

Its for safety too, since the mirrors have signals

Comment

I like em,do the turnsignals that are on the mirrors work?
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

yes, they needed to be wired.

I just spliced them into my existing wires...took 5 mins, didnt even have to take the fairings off

Comment

COOL
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

That looks great man. I've had mine on for a couple months now and I've gotten used to them. I used to have them wired as running lights, but I got rid of the old blinkers when I painted the bike and hooked these up as blinkers. They honestly don't quite fill that recess for the mirrors very well, but now that my bike is black you don't even notice it. It just looks like they made katana's with tiny mirrors.
                The lens on my left blinker got a hole busted into it from a rock my buddy kicked up about a week after I put them on. The lens didn't shatter and it just made a small hole. Been like that ever since, still works great, and nobody notices the hole.
                '01 TL1000R

Comment

thats awesome.

i didnt know anyone else had them mounted on...can u send a pic my way? Id like to see how they look with a black bike.

Im very happy with these, and it looks like yours are holding up quite well, perhaps ill sell my stock ones.

thanks

Comment

Can you see much behind you? I'm not so sure they look all that great on a +98. Yours is the best combination I've seen. I wish they made them bigger though. I've been looking for other mirrors for months with no luck...I crossed those ones off my list because of their size.
                    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxxx600
                      thats awesome.

i didnt know anyone else had them mounted on...can u send a pic my way? Id like to see how they look with a black bike.
                      yeah I put a thread up about them a few months ago, here it is...

Here's some recent pics of the bike...
                      Take care-
                      Dennis
                      Attached Files
                      '01 TL1000R

Comment

just watch out you dont smack your mirrors on anything. I had those installed for awhile and a month ago i was coming home from a ride on freeway and noticed it came off and started dangling by the wire. Apparently the seam broke holding the ball joint in...coudn't glue it so i put stock mirrors back on. WOW what a different in look and visual seeing ability
                        " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                          just watch out you dont smack your mirrors on anything. I had those installed for awhile and a month ago i was coming home from a ride on freeway and noticed it came off and started dangling by the wire. Apparently the seam broke holding the ball joint in...coudn't glue it so i put stock mirrors back on. WOW what a different in look and visual seeing ability
                          Funny you mention that, the ball joint on them is what saved my ass, haha. I dropped my bike shortly after installing them (yay), and the mirror snapped out of the balljoint and was at a 90 degree angle against the ground. I picked the bike up, said a few choice words while it hung there, and was surprised to see that it snapped back on. Yeah, something had to give in to allow it to snap out, but it didn't seem to be affected at all, and that is what kept the mirror from crushing. The additional scratches from that retarded moment were the last straw that led to me painting my bike. It's true how a bike won't fall without an audience.
                          '01 TL1000R

Comment

Thanks Beek, they are quite hard to see out of, originally, i was sitting on my bike with no hands on the bars adjusting them, which gave me a great view, but once your hands are on the bars...all u can see in the mirror is ICON...lol from my gloves.

Those pics look good Dennis...they look like the black set right? no CF?

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxxx600
                              Those pics look good Dennis...they look like the black set right? no CF?
                              yep they are. I actually intended on ordering CF, placed my order, then realized my mistake and after thinking about it I figured the solid black would look better on mine anyways.
                              '01 TL1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X