Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Seriously ... what's up with H.D. riders???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously ... what's up with H.D. riders???

I swear guys who ride Harley's have a superiority complex ... and the majority of them seem to HATE even acknowledging my existance. My buddy and I went for a nice 3 hour round trip ride the other day, and we stopped in a little town called Black Canyon City to gas up on the way back. I park next to some dude on a harley and stop off my bike. I take the lid off and smile, nod my head, and say "Hey, what's up?" ... just trying to be friendly. The guy seriously just stared at me for I swear almost a whole minute, then got on his bike and rode off.

What the hell!???
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

he is obviously gay...and can't come to grips with the fact he has a small "shifter". Next time...blow them a kiss as they leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
      he is obviously gay...and can't come to grips with the fact he has a small "shifter". Next time...blow them a kiss as they leave!
      that's awesome

Comment

What walk of life would you guess the HD rider was from? Was he the proverbial doctor or lawyer out for a ride, or was he someone who may have spent a considerable number of years in prison?

To me, the stare indicates a person who gets little self-esteem from the role that he can play in normal society. People with prison records have a difficult time finding normal employment, and that difficulty lasts forever. Thus they have a hatred for the society that they are shut out from.

Think of people in prison. They got nothing. Yet are they introspective and cautious? No. They are always tough, confident, and overly concerned about being "respected", (I suppose they have to be).

Do you think the guy was a gang member? Was that a new stock HD, or an older chopper or bobber type?

Bikers have had an unsavory image for over 50 years, and its the Harley derivitives which those in the outlaw mode favor.

Sportbike riders are usually lawbreakers too, but its the speed laws that they usually confine themselves to breaking.

If you need a motorcycle to complete your image as a bad dude, you'll choose a Harley. A sport bike would just show that you like high performance motoring, and you like wearing bright colored and attractive clothing while you ride.

Comment

I would wager he wasn't a doctor or lawyer, though it's not impossible. He had the "hardened biker" look to him, and his leather's weren't off the shelf and pretty. His bike was black, had the big ferring, and fully dressed out ... it looked a lot like this bike:

Comment

i agree with range's gay comment he was probably contemplating whether or not to ask you out , was it anywhere near the Blue Oyster bar or whatever the bar name was in Police academy?

Comment

Originally posted by harrye
              What walk of life would you guess the HD rider was from? Was he the proverbial doctor or lawyer out for a ride, or was he someone who may have spent a considerable number of years in prison?

To me, the stare indicates a person who gets little self-esteem from the role that he can play in normal society. People with prison records have a difficult time finding normal employment, and that difficulty lasts forever. Thus they have a hatred for the society that they are shut out from.

Think of people in prison. They got nothing. Yet are they introspective and cautious? No. They are always tough, confident, and overly concerned about being "respected", (I suppose they have to be).

Do you think the guy was a gang member? Was that a new stock HD, or an older chopper or bobber type?

Bikers have had an unsavory image for over 50 years, and its the Harley derivitives which those in the outlaw mode favor.

Sportbike riders are usually lawbreakers too, but its the speed laws that they usually confine themselves to breaking.

If you need a motorcycle to complete your image as a bad dude, you'll choose a Harley. A sport bike would just show that you like high performance motoring, and you like wearing bright colored and attractive clothing while you ride.
              Holy crap, next time could you squeeze a few more generalizations and stereotypes into the post
              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by harrye
                People with prison records have a difficult time finding normal employment, and that difficulty lasts forever. Thus they have a hatred for the society that they are shut out from.

I have spent a considrable amount of my life in prison, yet I have none of this "Hatred" for society that I am "So Shut out from". What I did, I did on my own, or with a few others. It was my choice, and my choice only. No one forced my hand in it, and I new the consequences, and accepted them as they came. You say that when we are in prison, that we have nothing. I take it you have never served time if that is why you think of us that way. You say that we are always tough, confident, and overly concerned about being "Respected". Where do you get this info from? Is this a personal insight? Our time there is our time, and we are not all "Hard" and "Tough". We have our good times and our bad times. We have our comedians, or arse holes, and what not. I think you may have been watching a little to much tv.

Then again, I may have too.... Cuz I was never really in prison... I just wanted to mess with you....

Sorry... I HAD TOO!!!!!!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

For a second there Lou you really had me. All I could think was "Ahhh now it all makes sense".

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                    For a second there Lou you really had me. All I could think was "Ahhh now it all makes sense".
                    I just couldn't help myself... he had left himself so wide open...
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Hey , I hate society , but I've never been in prison .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

he was just pissed he paid 20k plus for what he couldve had 2 GsxrZ

Comment

Great creative writing Lou. I was already preparing my apology in my mind when I read your last sentance.

What if people never made generalizations? They never tried to understand why things are as they are, and why people behave the way they do. Society wouldn't advance. Cures for diseases would never be found. Intractable social problems would never be reduced.

I'd stear clear of the hardened biker, but that wouldn't stop me from spending a little time trying to see the world from his prospective. His attitude toward others is observable from his countenance and demeanor. His troubles are written on his face. No one would willfully ruin their lives by going to prison. These people have real problems.

People judge others who they don't know by external factors. During my working career, I was judged by higher level people who didn't know me. This happens in societies.

Prisoners generally have nothing (except for Martha Stewart), except other people that they can prey upon.

Do you think your family doctor is ever going to spend his time giving a hard stare to a stranger at a gas station? He'd have to be crazy.

Comment

Id honestly like to know where you are coming up with this stuff. How many people do you know personally that have been to prison?

People dont cure desease with generalizations by the way, they do it with proven facts and supported hypothesis
                            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Maybe he was upset that he spent all that money on the HD, when he realized he coulda gotten a Suzuki for a quarter of the price
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X