X

Need some help finding parts for 96 Kat600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help finding parts for 96 Kat600

I doubt this is the right section to ask this but can't really decide which other it would go and this seems to be one of the most viewed. SO....
    I just picked up a 96 Kat 600 and I'm looking to start jazzing it up. It has a dual exhaust on it which I like cause you don't see it that often on the street, but the pipes on it have seen better days. So does anyone know where to pick up a dual exhaust system? I have checked the main interent part dealers (DennisKirk, Ridegear, JCwhitney) and haven't run across one yet. I don't know if thats stock on that year or not.

Also looking for a rear seat cowl for the year bike. Seen ones for the 98's and newer but nothing for the 96 era... Thanks in advance
    Chase

The cowl can be found http://www.braada.com/order3.htm
    and PM Special K he might have the exhaust you need, I think that is the stock one.
    92 Katana 600 Project bike
    Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

You may want to scour ebay for pipes. That will probably be your best bet to find a decent set for cheap.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I don't think they make the seat cowl for pre 98 600's. Does anybody actually have one? I could only find it for the 750, are they the same? Anyway, I have a stock 97 600 exhaust in decent shape and a 95 or 96 600 parts bike. Is there any other parts you need? I have not been able to find an aftermarket dual exhaust through anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear Dog
          The cowl can be found http://www.braada.com/order3.htm
          and PM Special K he might have the exhaust you need, I think that is the stock one.
          Bradda doesnt make cowls for pre 98 600's. I like the look of the stock dual exhaust, but the 4into1 will give you better performance.
          If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

with the better performance you are also going to have to re-jet which some people might not want to do.

Comment

Working...
            X