X

I am idiot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am idiot

Well I am idiot and dropped the bike in a parking lot not moving just fell off the kick stand. I had stop to look at something on the bike set it on the kick stand and bam down it went. Must have not put the stand out all the way or something. Picked it back up and looked like no damage. But it seems that starter cover got dinged in a little and has a hair line crack in it. I was wondering if I bang it back out which is a minor tiny bit and have my buddy weld the small crack if that would be good enough???

What is the cover made out of steel or aluminum? Is this a bad idea.. The oil leak is very small I would say the crack is about 1 or so long. Anyone have an extra laying around they want to sell for a 1994 600?

I feel like an idiot...

it's aluminum...JB weld is good for a cheap fix

or buy a new used one from someone here....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Mine was welded by the PO no leaks, just not real pretty.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBandit View Post
        I feel like an idiot...

I agree
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

Don't feel bad. It happens to all of us. Blonde moment...
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Don't beat yourself up too much, however, I know a bruised ego is tough to get past.
            sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

There are also much thicker ones available as aftermarket if you're worried about it happening again (NRC and FactoryPro both offer ones for the Kats that are a goodly 3/8" thick and will take a fairly hefty accident without cracking/splitting).

TIP: Always park in gear. Odds are you parked in neutral and the grade was slightly down-hill.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Don't feel like an idiot. Happened to me twice now. The first day I got it had no clue how the center stand worked. I finnally got it up but when I was bringing it down I wasn't expecting the drop and bike went down. Hairline crack with a small leak. I welded it via jb. Then about 2 years ago I was leaving my garage and forgot something in the house so I put the stand down and left the bike running in nuetral. Came outside and I didn't hear the lovely sound of my yoshi. I looked up and my bike was laying on the ground with a broken clutch lever and the weld broken off. Bought a new one for like 50 at a dealership. Also learned to park in gear especially with a small slope.

Comment

sorry to hear it, i've done silly stuff like that more than i will ever admit. ^as for parking the bike in gear, would you guys recommend this all the time just to be on the safe side?

Comment

i always leave mine in gear .. less chance of the bike moving if someone leans on it .. people always put their grubby hands on things instead of just standing back and admiring
                    so many roads so little time

Comment

you just might be the unique one here, usually there is a huge audience when ya drop um.
                      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Yes, yes you are an idiot...

...unfortuantely, so am I...

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                          it's aluminum...JB weld is good for a cheap fix

or buy a new used one from someone here....
                          yes....JB works, but personally I am not a fan of putting that stiff on the inside of any covers. if it happens to come loose....well, you have a chunk of crap floating around inside your engine.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I thought this was gonna be a movie spoof of I am Legend. I'm depressed now.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                            X