X

Weather conditions you've rode in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather conditions you've rode in

Whats some of the worst weather you got caught in while riding? Or maybe you didnt get caught, u just wanted the adventure of braving the elements that mother nature can dish out?
    Tornado
    0%
    Hurricane
    0%
    Thunderstorm
    0%
    Hail
    0%
    Snow or Sleet
    0%
    Just your basic rain, nothing else
    0%
    Flash Floods
    0%
    All of the above
    0%
    Only sunshine, if it aint sunny, I aint ridin
    0%
    A combination of the above (explain)
    0%

Thunderstorm. Wasn't happy about it cause my hands were frozen from wind chill.

Comment

Last fall it started snowing while I was at work 3-4 times then I stoped riding to work till last night
      William the Wild1
      Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

Comment

IVe been caught in rain, tstorms, hail, flash flood warning. Yeah that hail thing kinda sucked!

Comment

thunderstorn here
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Rode to St. Louis (180 miles) then got caught in a thunderstorm that just dumped tons of sleet onto the road. It was a cooooooolllld ride home.

Comment

I have been riding to the train station since april in 30 degree weather. We went through a warm spell and I thought that we were done with the snow . One day I get off from work and there were flurries in the city(NY) when I get to my station it is still snowing but nothing sticking yet. By the time I get about 2 blocks from my house there is 2 inches. Lucky for me this was right next to my son's daycare so I parked it there for the night. The next day the sun is beaming and it's like 50 outside.
              92 Katana 600 Project bike
              Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Rode 150-ish miles in a DRIVING t-storm on a bald rear tire . One of those storms where the rain can't run off the road fast enough , so there's standing water . REAL fun when your back tire is in a different lane than your front tire for 100 miles or so . Rode in a little snow too , but nothing much more than flurries . It was the COLD part that sucked .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I rode in the sun once......
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

I got caught in a thunderstorm once. The wind scared me more than the rain....
                    Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

TStorms in Indiana, and a lot of rain her in SoCal.
                      1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                      2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                      Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Rode from Williamsburg Virginia to the North Carolina / South Carolina border in the snow. Not something I care to do again. At least I was young and indestructable at that point, that helped!
                        I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

Mine was about 2 weeks ago coming home from west virgina and of course good ole ohio weather decided to turn on me and drop some hail, with the rain not huge hail but it was definatly bad enough.
                          Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

funny story. I JUSt got caught in pouring rain. i was soaked before i got to my bike in the parking lot.

Comment

I have been caught in the rain several times, thunderstorms, once rode home in a Tornado Warning but I never saw the funnel cloud(would have liked to though). Flash Floods and Thunderstorms are an almost everyday thing here in KY in the summer. The hotter it gets, the more of them we get. If I didnt ride in them I would never get to ride since I travel for work. It never fails, it will be beautiful all week and then pour like hell on the weekends (the only time I am at home to ride). The worst I have rode in was -23 degrees on a bet. I rode about 2 miles out and 2 miles back and was pretty sure the blood in my fingers had turned to ice before I got back.
                              If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Working...
                              X