X

NEED TO VENT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED TO VENT!!!

Friday I took my front wheel + old tire to Rider's World in WilkesBarre, Pa, along with a fresh new tire to be replaced. So I get there and it takes them about 45 mins to replace it, fine with me...then I get the bill. $45.00 to replace it (30$ labor + 12$ for two weights)

This really shocked me since last years price was 25$ for everything.
    It would have been 55$ if it was still on the bike too.

So that was enough to make me decide to never go there again...until I got home, in which I became even more upset..The tire was mounted backwards!!! The arrow on the tread is pointing in the counter clockwise position!!!

In my haste to get it thrown on and ride, I didnt even realize it...I just thought i put it on backwards (thats impossible bc the pre's have an odometer on oneside) but I didnt even consider that at the time.

So i just took the wheel off, switched it around, and realized...hey i did have it on right! (duh, i know)...so in a hurry to get the wheel back in to get it inspected at 6pm tonight at nawarhorse, I ended up stripping the damn caliper mount thread!!!!

What a day!!

So heres my question...no matter what, rider's world will fix this problem, free of charge, i wont take no for an answer.

But what happens if i fail inspection because of this? Can i force riders world to reimburse me the cost of an inspection if I failed bc of the tire being mounted wrong?

Im so aggrivated, ill never go there for work again.

Thanks all!

I don't blame you for being mad,I'd go down there when the place was full of people and start screaming
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

If you make a biggest ruckus about it, they'll do it. don't back down, if they did shoddy workmanship then it needs to be rectified, w/ no additional fees, especially something as obvious as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
        If you make a biggest ruckus about it, they'll do it. don't back down, if they did shoddy workmanship then it needs to be rectified, w/ no additional fees, especially something as obvious as that.
        +1, And maybe whack the tech!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

lol, thats right!

Comment

i do agree to take it back but be nice anyone can have a bad day . i have a bike shop and thank god i have never had a problem but if i did i would correct it and make the customer happy . there is a lot of bike shops so i will do what it takes to keep my customers

Comment

Working...
            X