No announcement yet.
X

Riding in the rain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the worst for me is losing vision.....the visor gets all soaked and fogged, other than that it doesnt really bother me
    Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

is there some kind of anti fog thing cuz i hate it when my helmet fogs up in the rain

Comment

The worst thing about the rain to me is the little drops, they hit and sting like all hell. If I am riding and its going to rain, I want it to rain, not sprinkle. The big drops just hit and splatter, they dont sting nearly as bad. I actually enjoy riding in the rain at night. A hot summer night, slow rain, slow ride, very relaxing. Besides, someone once told me a long time ago, "Real men dont stop riding when it gets wet"
        If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Would slightly cracking the visor on your helmet help prevent fogging?
          "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Rain doesn't really bother me... It's the 50 mph wind that comes with some of the storms that I hate.
            2002 R1
            Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

Originally posted by KAT6
              Down in florida it rains almost everyday in the summer. CP and i ride alot in the rain. I have a full rain suit under the seat that i will pull out if its getting close. do not tail gate make slow smooth turns and stay off the throttle. put rainex on the helmet it helps clear when moving faster than 35. mainly be patient. Biggest pain is cleaning the bike afterward.

joe
              Yup, which is why I put so much emphasis on wet-weather handling in my tire comparo's. I've tried various rainsuits and found none of them really good for the mid-summer Florida rain-storm (if the rain doesn't get in, I'll be soaked when I take it off just from sweating). So I just grin and bear it... The fairings on the 98+ are good -- really good compared to most bike's -- and usually just the outside of my calves and my shoulders get wet if I can keep moving over 30 or so. Stopping at traffic lights sucks though...

What to watch for has pretty much been covered by everyone else -- painted lane markings, tar sealant over cut-lines on the pavement, fresh ATF and oil rising out of the pavement, and people who have no clue on how to drive in the rain (those new to the south often panic at Florida's torrential downpours). A gear higher than usual, stay off the throttle through turns as much as possible, a bit more following distance, crack the visor (to keep it from fogging), and common sense usually do the trick. If the water is cold, get out of the rain altogether -- being chilled to the bone deprives you of the ability to make rational decisions quickly just like alcohol or a severe lack of sleep.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X