X

lerners permit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lerners permit

How about a post about funding the learners course 275 is steep in my opinion Thanks for reply oh by the way I just came off of a 7pm to 7am shift two days on two days off work three days (fri sat sun) which is commonly refered to as a "swing shift"Thank for the reply
    Im not a carburetor guru.

that's cheap. it costs about 500 to get licensed here.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

It's more than that Mojoe. A friend of mine just got his license,it cost him roughly $750 when it was all said and done.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Are we talking about a motorcycle leaners permit? 750.00 !!!! Geez, it costs you 10.00 to get a permit from PennDot and the MSF course is free here.

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
          It's more than that Mojoe. A friend of mine just got his license,it cost him roughly $750 when it was all said and done.
          wow...it has gone up. I had to get mine 2 years ago cuz I lost my class 6 somewhere through the years from transferring my license to a different province. $500 was just a guessimate.
          I think it was:
          $50 for the learners permit
          $450 for the course.
          I think that was it....maybe another %50 in fees.
          $550 plus taxes..maybe $625 total. I heard it was supposed to go up. I guess it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
            Are we talking about a motorcycle leaners permit? 750.00 !!!! Geez, it costs you 10.00 to get a permit from PennDot and the MSF course is free here.
            what does that course consist of? Just theory in a classroom, or do you have plenty of practical and learning on their bikes?

Comment

Man that class is expensive. Here it cost $10 for the permit, $75 for the class. Then, if you already have your permit when you take the class, once you pass you just walk in and say gimmie a new licience with that M on it. Does't cost you anything more.

Comment

Man Im glad that im in the navy sometimes. the military offers msf course for free , really sweet deal. The only problem is sometimes you have to wait for like 4 months to get in the course cuz theres so many people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                  Originally posted by Need4Speed
                  what does that course consist of? Just theory in a classroom, or do you have plenty of practical and learning on their bikes?
                  It's a 2 day a week course for about 4.5 hours each day, and takes a few weeks to complete. Classroom and practical riding time too. Yeah, it's a very good basic program for beginners to get the basic's and they really take the time w/the students becuz the classes are generally small. Hence the reason they fill up so quickly and are usually booked up a year in advance.

You watch videos, listen to lectures, take quizzes and a written test at the end, and the bikes are generally small 250 or 350 cc standards so they are easy for the new riders to handle. You learn stopping and starting, emergency braking, figure 8's, manuevering in small confined areas, shifting, etc.

Comment

learners permit

I guess it depends where your from here in mass.its usually a two day course all day to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by CoNViCT
                      Man Im glad that im in the navy sometimes. the military offers msf course for free , really sweet deal. The only problem is sometimes you have to wait for like 4 months to get in the course cuz theres so many people.
                      thats nothing... here if you do not sign up whe the listing comes out you might as well hang it up...
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

275 doesn't seem like a lot to teach you how to stay alive. That's like saying a specific helmet is too expensive.
                        92 Katana 600 Project bike
                        Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

In Ottawa the course consist of an evening in the classroom and the following weekend in the parking lot with the test on the Sunday. It costs $320(g.s.t included) and is well worth the money when you look for insurance without it.
                          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

gear dog Why? are there no helmets that our out of your budget to me D.O.T. aprroved is acceptable.Im sure not everyone has an 800 dollar shoie helmet. Also i FULLY agree with taking the course as im sure you did.But Ill use that course to supplement any reading and real life experience Ill have.Because I dont think in 2 days someone is gonna teach me to stay alive as you put it.No hostility intended at you just my opinion.

Comment

OK maybe that was a bad analigy. I have a HJC but that was because I was trying to get all of my gear within a certain budget. I went with both DOT and Snell rated helmet. I almost got a Shoie for like 200 but just finished shelling out 600 to the mechanic. So I couldn't justify it since I didn't really need it.
                              92 Katana 600 Project bike
                              Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X