X

learners permit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learners permit

first i would like to say im not looking to get flamed but i have a question regarding riding at night with a learners permit which is a restriction in massachusetts on the permit.
    There have been some occasions where due to only having one vehicle has made it very use ful to wife and kids in summer for me to ride to work 3pm to 11pm and leave the truck for them.
    Im a decent rider and work is 15 min away.
    Want to take msf course But 275.00 I just can swing right now.
    And to take road test I just cant get down those damn figure 8 to the right Ill do left all day easy.(go figure)
    So now the question does any one know what would happen if say i got stopped for something silly like flush mount lights at night riding restricted.
    Not looking for approval for "bending the law".
    Just asking Thanks
    Im not a carburetor guru.

3 pm to 11 pm is often called 'second shift'. second is also refered to the number 'two'. two can be called a 'double'. i'd say you got stuck working a 'double' shift.
    it will probably work if you have a clean record.

have your next post ask about passing the riding course

tim

Comment

I'm goin to have to say that it's all up to the officer that stops you. WHile you would be in clear violation of the law, you might get lucky and get off with just a warning. Who knows really? Traffic stops are unpredictable at best. You might get pulled over by a guys that has a hate on for bikers, and he writes you up for everything in the book, or you might get a bike friendly cop who just pulls you over to compliment your bike (don't laugh, it HAS happened before)

If you do do it, i'd say just be carefull, and ride responsible. Don't give them any reason to pull you over. Also be sure to just say something like "I never take my bike to work, but it was so nice out today, and i was supposed to have the afternoon off. They ended up needing me to stay later, so i had to ride it home after dark" follow that up by saying "I promise it'll never happen again"

I'm good at excuses, if ya need anymore i got tonns. And who said being a slacker in high school would never pay off

Comment

learners permit

thanks Dan ill hit you up when i need some creative exuses to get out of work eary

Comment

wismo, im from mass, first you useually get harrassed. second you get a fine, third you lose your permit, for how long im not sure but im positive the ticket is over 150.00 i member the msf teacher telling us. but if your an older guy and dont get pulled over for speeding wheelies or doing stupid stuff like that im sure they will let you go exp when your that close to you house. also you may be able to get likea cinderella type licence where they let you ride at till 11 when you get off but not after.

Comment

learners permit

Thanks duff what part of mass.You dont by any chance know what the road test consists of?

Comment

Well I'm sure that the odds are against you, if you get pulled over at night on a learner's permit you could lose the permit on the spot.

Take the MSF and get your M license, if not for yourself, then for your family.
              "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

I have a question, would your insurance company cover you if you had an accident on your way home at night? I guess you could probably get sued if someone was injured and you were'nt supposed to be driving at night under the restrictions of your license. Just something to think about..
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Re: learners permit

Originally posted by wismo
                  Thanks duff what part of mass.You dont by any chance know what the road test consists of?
                  im from wester mass out on rt 2, by gardner leominster. i know where you are, and we arent that far...and yea if you get in an accident and your not suppose to be driving at night, its like you dont ahve your permit atall

Comment

ok man thanks i know what i gotta do Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X