Picked up my Kat 1100 from the "shop"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my Kat 1100 from the "shop"

Hi
    As some of you might have seen in other thread I was keeping it in pawn shop so that the courts could not take it, why whould I be so parnoid to think the courts would take it well, it starts a few years back I filed chapter 13 BK to try to keep my home in Az, then my soon to be exwife could not live on the budget the courts set I should have just dumped her but I tried to work things out. The only way I could keep her happy was to under withhold to the IRS, now I have finnally dumping her and sold the house, fell out of chapter 13 after SEARS filed a compliant that they wanted more of a return based on the OT I was working.

Bottom line is now I owe the IRS a lot of money and can not get a loan until I file chapter 7 to " close out the failed chapter 13 " so I protected the KAT by pawning it made sence. I have a lawer and almost have all the paper work filed for the 7. Will refile the devorce ASAP after.

So the smart thing to do would have been to keep the KAT "In the shop" reasons to take it out;
    1) I could not let this nice weather go by without riding.
    2) New GF rides and wants to ride with me instead of my following in a cage.
    3) Thought that after a few months the gas might go bad in the carbs and I would have to rebuild them.
    4) GF lives in denver and my car gets 15 mpg so I am paying a lot for gas.

So I pulled it out of the shop today later I might regret it but today it just feels right to ride.

I drive to work past Garden of the Gods It was so nice and I had no traffic

I got to work and find out that I got a interview this wed for a day shift engneer job. Guess it is just my lucky day er night as I work from 6 PM to 7 AM. It just feels so good to ride again.

Noted that milage is just under 8,000 miles now I bought it with 6,900 last year.
    William the Wild1
    Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

Glad to hear that you are riding again.
    Happy Riding!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Well sort of it was runing so bad I took it to shop to rejet for Co will pick it back up monday
      William the Wild1

Comment

I had a friend who moved out there . Brought some pics of the garden last time he was in town . That's the place with the little Japanese garden , right ? That stuff was COOL ! If it wasn't so far , I'd love to see it sometime . I miss my friend . Wait , what were we talking about again ?
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Have you thought about "Selling" it to a freind. basically, put it in a friends name so they can't take it?
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Sweet lou had good idea!!!

Originally posted by SweetLou
            Have you thought about "Selling" it to a freind. basically, put it in a friends name so they can't take it?
            Now that sounds like a good the plan, but I still have to report the sale to the court and show what I did with the money.

Update on the bike it should be all tuned up and ready to ride I should have picked it up sat but was with my Girl Friend in Rocky Mountain National Park and Trail Ridge Road saw lots of ELK and 2 Moose we were in GRAND LAKE, COLORADO for 5 days all I had to pay for was 1 meal out fo rthe 9 of of us they picked up the rest.

I am going to put the Kat in Girl Friend's name as soon as I clear it with lawers. Here is my Girl Friend
            Attached Files
            William the Wild1

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              I had a friend who moved out there . Brought some pics of the garden last time he was in town . That's the place with the little Japanese garden , right ? That stuff was COOL ! If it wasn't so far , I'd love to see it sometime . I miss my friend . Wait , what were we talking about again ?
              Nope https://<a href="http://gardenofgods...efault.asp</a> is were the planes and the Rockys crash and a strange rock formation sticks up, it is also the park I can walk to work through or I can ride on a nice twisty bit next to park. Very nice ride!! I am lucky
              William the Wild1

Comment

Originally posted by Wild1
                I am going to put the Kat in Girl Friend's name as soon as I clear it with lawers. Here is my Girl Friend
                I am not sure how it works where you are, but it costs money to do that here. The "buyer" has to pay taxes. However, if it is a direct family member, you can "give" it to them and pay no fees. It is just a direct transfer.
                If you have been with your gf long enough, and feel confident it will last, then go for it. But if something happens...anything....like it did with your ex wife, you could end up in another mess. Example....she leaves and takes the bike with her....and this time it will be gone. I don't know...maybe I am being a pessimist, but I would just hate to see you fight to keep the bike from one woman, only to lose it to another. That would suck big time.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

EVer thought about getting a storage unit and just putting it bye bye?

Comment

Working...
                  X