X

Do Radars Suck or am I just Lucky?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Radars Suck or am I just Lucky?

Tonight on my way home from work, I rolled by a State Trooper doing about 95. I know he saw me and theres no way he didnt hear me coming (thanks to the ole' D&D). After I passed him, I waited for him to come up behind me because I was SURE I was getting a ticket. But he never did. Ive heard some people say that most bikes cant get radared because theres too much plastic on them. Is this true or am I just a lucky bastard?

maybe you only saw HIM and not the girl in his lap either that or he just didntcare at that point.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Maybe he didn't have his rader on you, or just figured that you would try to out-run him. Or maybe he was on the phone with his wife, or bust with paperwork, or practicing for "Meow" or "Repeater"
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Bikes aren't impervious to radar. If there was a larger vehicle in the radar's field at the same time you were, even if it was further away, the radar will tend to pick up the speed of vehicle with the larger profile. Of course, the officer may have just not felt like taking off after a bike, either.
        I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

kats are old school heavy & low on power - he probably figured his radar wasn't working 'cause everyone knows kats can't do 95 !

tim

Comment

He was probably having a nice dream until your D&D snapped him back to reality!! By then you were a few miles down the road.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

yeah consider yourself lucky on that one... cops sit along side the road or hidden in a speed trap and arent always clocking you. Sometimes they are catching up on paperwork so they can get home sooner after thier shift, sometimes they are on the phone, and other times, the jelly donut just pilled in the lap and they're trying to clean it up

Comment

Was his radar gun up? I have a radar detector and sometimes cops just hold them up to slow up traffic when they aren't even on...

Or he could have been using laser and was having a hard time aiming at you...

Or he just didn't give a damn...

We you going 95 in a school zone?

Comment

From the tests I've seen by the time a cop can nail you w/ raday\r you can see him and brake.

Full faired bikes loose a bit of distance to naked bikes..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                    From the tests I've seen by the time a cop can nail you w/ raday\r you can see him and brake.

Full faired bikes loose a bit of distance to naked bikes..
                    Not true, I can clock pretty much any bike as easliy as any car.
                    "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

Consider yourself lucky at that speed you definately deserved a ticket......

Comment

He probably just guessed you would run, all the cops around here (louisiana) 95% of the time will not attempt to pull over a bike unless there is at least on other cop to help, and even then they rarely turn on their lights unless they get one in front and one behind. TOO many bikes around here have ran and gotten away......

Comment

yeah, you got lucky. Although most guns return the speed of the largest Item they can see, so if your passing a semi thats doing 70, the gun will say 70.

Comment

Originally posted by 977blue
                            Of course, the officer may have just not felt like taking off after a bike, either.
                            That'd be my guess.
                            Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

What time was it? A lot of times if it is close to the end of their shift they won't mess with you so that they can go home. Also by me there is a cop that turns the radar on when he sees you hit the brakes ask me how I know.
                              92 Katana 600 Project bike
                              Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X