Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I abusing my bike ?

Well here is one weekend story :

Left Friday night, 130 miles north.
    Saturday we rode from 9 in the morning untill 6 in the afternoon with a passenger (did Mount Washington ... , did this , did that ) about 450 miles.
    And Sunday the way back, an other 130 miles. Average speed on the high way , about 75 .... bla bla bla.

This makes it about 700 miles for the weekend and most of it with a passenger. I also hit the power limit of the Kat : going uphill with a passenger in 6th gear doing 70 and couldn't go faster to pass that $^*$ù* TRUCK before the end of the 2 lane part !

So , is this hard riding or is it normal riding ?

George
    WittyMonkey
    ----------------------------------
    www.bostontechnologies.com

No worries.

To pass the truck I would have downshifted and got the rpm's up, but thats just me.

Comment

+1 on the downshifting. I would think you should have plenty of power if you were to just bump it down a gear or two.
      2002 R1
      Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

OK, I will remember that. Thanks.
        WittyMonkey

Comment

"Abusing" your bike would be not riding it IMHO .

Sounds like a good weekend to me .
          Kyle

Comment

yea, put it in 4th to do that.

Comment

Mount Washington Question - Wasn't that a gravel/dirt road a while back after about halfway up? Is it fully paved now?

Comment

just remember theses arent your moms toyota camrey ( or yours lol for you older guys) these things are recreational vehicles so tehy can take a licken ... have fun, dont rape the thing all the time but dont go baby here

Comment

Yep , it's still about 1/4 dirt road , but I still did it slowly and had absolutly no problem !!
                  WittyMonkey

Comment

Working...
                  X