No announcement yet.
X

Still reachin for that 7th gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. I miss the days of riding the 10 speed bicycle when I was a kid. LOL
    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

When I put a 45tooth sprocket on my 600 it took that away I felt like the vista cruiser just cruising. The down side was it took my zip out of the bike so back to 47.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I use to do it until I installed the Digi Gear Indicator.
        Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy
          I don't have that problem anymore I made myself a gear indicator.
          How? Made it, or purchased and installed one?

Speede, I like the "Katana" symbols on the speedometer and indicator lights cluster.

Reaching for 7th should only happen when you are distracted by unexpected events or spirited driving. For example, you accelerated faster than you expected you would and you are not in the normal speed range for the gear you are in.

I never mistake 4th on my 600 Kat. 4,000 rpm equals 40 mph, 5,000 equals 50 mph. If the speedometer is ahead of the tach, its either 5th or 6th. I know 4,000 rpm is about 53 or 54 mph in 6th. This is about the maximum legal speed limit on any 2 lane highway near me, so I don't go above this speed without assessing if police might be in the vicinity. I try not to suddenly find myself doing over 70 mph, and not knowing how I got going that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by harrye
            Originally posted by RobRoy
            I don't have that problem anymore I made myself a gear indicator.
            How? Made it, or purchased and installed one?
            I made it :P

Last year a member of KP(yes KP not KR) Mr. Clean posted a schematic and a procedure to build one. I build mine base on that. (the schemetic needed correction). His site doesn't work anymore, but I save all that on my computer at home and I also have the new schematic I made.

Basically:
            - The neutral sensor need to be modify to detect all gear
            - You need a electronic module to take the data from the sensor and send the correct information to the indicator. (the biggest part of the project)
            - Indicator (7segment)

If anyone is interested I could post some picture of the process to build it!

Comment

I'm interested! I wondered what happened with that info...
              Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

I may have that info as well on my computer... Will take some digging though.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

I think I have it too, but I believe i burned to disk after a reformat.. I'll check too...

Comment

So is anyone ever going to post it? I would like to build one too.
                    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

(Thread resurrection time!)

I just did this today. Counting up and down gears while in traffic, saw a truck looking like it was going to pull out, lost count, and tried to go up to "6th".

Lovely how the engine whines at you when you clutch back into 6th, as if to say, "Hey, Dummy!"

MM

Comment

Not sure what bike you have but I find 6th all the time on my 600.
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

Im worse, I go for it, dont find it...Then a minute or so I look for it again haha
                          In my mind im thinking,"The engine just sounds to be too high to be in 6th, maybe...Nope it's in 6th alright"

Comment

...only every time I'm on the highway!
                            -
                            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I do that daily since my whole life i have rode 6 speed bikes and the one i have now is only 5 speed.....
                              So i have an excuse lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Please... I have been doing that since I learned to ride.... either looking for 5th 6th or 7th... what ever is one more than the bike has in it......

Comment

Working...
                                X