Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it about test riding a 1100?

hi
    Anyone see this
    Bike was totaled by test rider, my bike was same red 1100 and it was dumped by a test rider long before I picked it up... When I go to sell it ( if ) I WILL NOT LET ANYONE test ride it LOL. https://<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com...19174&rd=1</a>
    William the Wild1
    Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

That is a total shame. Thats why I never let anyone ride my bike. I don't care who it is or how much experience they have. It's just a rule I have.

Comment

Hey Zuki, can I take a spin on your bike?????
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yeah , I'm not real comfortable riding OTHER people's bikes sometimes because if something happened while I was on it , I'd feel pretty bad . But I'd have a hard time buying a bike if a test-ride was not allowed .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
          For you Lou I might have to make an exception.

Comment

Hand me your money (cash value), your driver's license and proof of insurance and I'll toss you the keys... Other than that, back away...

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
              Originally posted by SweetLou
              For you Lou I might have to make an exception.
              Better Recognize!!!!!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Hand me your money (cash value), your driver's license and proof of insurance and I'll toss you the keys... Other than that, back away...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                That is exactly what I did when I sold my cbr and my nighthawk.....sort of.....but not the driver's license and insurance. I got this trick out of Cycle World many years ago. When the buyer wanted to test ride, I told him he had to buy it first.....but I would garantee, in writing, that if it didn't fit him or for some reason it would not work out for him, he could bring it back in 24hrs and I would refund him him his money....providing it was not damaged in any way. No one wants to buy a strange bike without test riding first.....and no one wants to just let some stranger take off on thier bike. So this way appeals to both the seller and the buyer. It gets rid of "joy riders" who just like to go test ride vehicles with no intention of buying. Hehe.....I am guilty of that sometimes. I drive a pretty clean looking Volvo, so when I pull up in that to a dealership, I have no problem test driving the high end vehicles. Of course I have not done that in a while...but i used to just for something to do on a boring afternoon. Anyway....the best way is just make the buyer pay up front, but give him a garantee to his satisfaction. I think it is the fair thing to do.
                If the bike you are selling is up to par and not a piece of shit that will break down on the buyer, you should have no problem with giving a garantee of satisfaction. If he finds the bike is way to uncomfortable for him or something like that, you, as a rider yourself, should understand this and be willing to take the bike back off his hands.....unless you only care about the money.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

was that not also listed on KR for sale as well?
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

looks very similar if it wasnt the same one

Comment

+1 Cyberpoet.
                      www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                        looks very similar if it wasnt the same one
                        I looked over bike for sale and I not see any thing similar, I am trying to get a feel for what mine is worth.
                        William the Wild1
                        Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

Comment

i get harrased all the time "yo duff let me get a ride on your bike" "come on duff let me ride it" hell no your not riding my bike, if i dont let you drive my car NO WAY IN HELL are you gonna ride my bike lol

Comment

I let my dad get on my bike. He used to ride back in the day and he still has a valid M class endorsment. It was the scariest thing I had ever seen. He struggled maybe 50 yards, and quit. (He's 52 and not really big on sport bikes.) All of my friends that were watching at the time asked me what I was more concerned about my dad or the bike? If it was anyone else I would have said the bike I will never let my friends ride my bike they can go get their own and start enjoying their own ride!!

Comment

saw that ad myself.. I was getting ready to bid on the bike since I have ben looking for one.
                              what a shame!
                              I`m with cyberpoet on this one, no cash, license and ins card.... no ridie
                              I love my Kat!!
                              2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Working...
                              X