X

Lost it being stupid :-(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost it being stupid :-(

Ugh. Turns out, sometimes "water puddles" are really "mudpuddles" and that, even doing 10mph, will throw your tires out from under you. No real damage besides a scrape on the side, and a cracked winscreen. So, if anyone sees a cheap windscreen, can you give me a shout?

Just ranting, really.

Crack

Funny thing, I landed on my visor (just big scrapes on it) that I had mentioned as the tint ruined in a a previous thread. Har Har.

lol htat is kinda funny how your visor got messed up and you last post but eh nothing is wrong unless you dont learn from it!!!!!!

Comment

DOH! Glad its just minor damage.

Thats a funny signature Duff
      Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

good life lesson too bg

Comment

Man this is happening way to often all of the sudden. Way to many KR family members going down.

Be careful out there everyone! We like having you around

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
            Man this is happening way to often all of the sudden. Way to many KR family members going down.

Be careful out there everyone! We like having you around
            no shit. if it keeps going like this, we might as well change the name of the site to katana-floppers...or maybe katana-dumpers. anyway, glad you are ok. stay away from those puddles.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
              no shiate. if it keeps going like this, we might as well change the name of the site to katana-floppers...or maybe katana-dumpers. anyway, glad you are ok. stay away from those puddles.
              Katana-floppers ... I like it. I actually did a slow drop the other day, really pissed me off. When I get home I roll up on the curb and around to the front of my car and managed to lose my balance instead of going up on the curb. It was like slow motion!!! No damage to the bike, just a hurt ego.
              Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Bummer.

Could have been worse. I think I might still have my clear stock screen somewhere. If you're interested, let me know and I'll see if I can find it and send it to you.

Comment

That would be awesome. But if not, does anyone know the Denis Kirk part number for a windscreen? Somehow, I popped the windscreen clear off, and then it split down the middle almost in half.

Comment

1st Time I ever hit the pavement was a 5mph deal when the front washed out in some mud. I feel you pain bro.
                    Ron
                    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Being from the desert, I drive VERY carefully when the pavement is wet. We spend so much time dry that a lot of oils build up on the roads, and when it rains it gets dangerous.
                      Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

I try to stay outa the mud.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

You don't even need mud to lose traction. I was going down a hill this weekend in town, and its really smooth pavement. I was followin' behind a Pathfinder who was slowing down. I was only doing about a 8MPH creep behind him, and my rear wheel eventually locked up and started sliding out on me (Guess a lil too much pressure). It was so slick it just kept going though, so luckily I didn't rear end the truck! No falls though, and didn't have to put feet down, just an awkward feeling of the back sliding out.

Comment

Originally posted by Katana600Tao
                            Originally posted by Mojoe
                            no shiate. if it keeps going like this, we might as well change the name of the site to katana-floppers...or maybe katana-dumpers. anyway, glad you are ok. stay away from those puddles.
                            Katana-floppers ... I like it. I actually did a slow drop the other day, really pissed me off. When I get home I roll up on the curb and around to the front of my car and managed to lose my balance instead of going up on the curb. It was like slow motion!!! No damage to the bike, just a hurt ego.
                            I had one of those ego-buster a few years back. I was pulling into a restaurant parking lot with my gf on the back when some kid on a bmx came shooting onto the sidewalk then cut me off. I had my brake foot off the pedal so I had to use the front one. It twisted my steering around and with the weight of my gf on the back, the bike started to go over. Anyway, it was going down....I could not hold it up. I hollered for the gf to jump off and she jumped from the oppsoite side and gave that little pushed needed to knock me over. I REFUSED to let my bike hit the ground, so I left my leg under the bike. It hurt like hell, but at least the only paint the touched the ground was the tip of my mirror. I laid on the ground with the bike on me for about 10 minutes before 2 guys came out of the restaurant and picked it up off of me. I could have wiggled my leg out on my own and picked it up, but I would rather have a bruised ego than a scratched bike.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                              does anyone know the Denis Kirk part number for a windscreen?
                              Try ZeroGravity first (aftermarket screens, exceeding stock specs) denniskirk sells these.

Comment

Working...
                              X