• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run Forest Run!!!

i saw this on the news

FHP Applicant Leads Troopers On 140 MPH Chase, Investigators Say

POSTED: 6:38 am EDT April 26, 2005
    UPDATED: 9:10 am EDT April 26, 2005

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- An applicant set to take an exam to join the Florida Highway Patrol was arrested Monday, accused of leading troopers on a racing-speed motorcycle chase in rush-hour traffic.

"We told him, don't bother showing up," FHP spokesman Lt. Julio Pajon said of David Carpenter, 24. "Getting arrested is an automatic disqualifier."

Carpenter was to take his physical for the patrol next week, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

For weeks, troopers and local police have spotted the same biker, cutting through traffic at speeds of up to 140 mph. He managed to flee at least twice and almost caused wrecks involving troopers, Pajon said.

Monday morning, troopers were waiting for him, using an airplane and stationed strategically along the highway. Soon enough, Carpenter was leading a chase, at one point heading south in the northbound lanes and later smashed the cycle's front rim by hurling over a curb to avoid a tollbooth, police reports said.

Carpenter outran troopers in cars, but the airplane shadowed him to his apartment in south Miami-Dade County. When troopers arrived moments later, they saw Carpenter outside, pretending to wash his car.

The cycle was not in sight and Carpenter denied being the cyclist, Pajon said, but it appears his pooch gave him up.

The dog came up to a window, moved a vertical blind and barked at the troopers outside, a report said. A trooper looked inside and saw the motorcycle. Also inside: Carpenter's application for the FHP.

Police charged Carpenter with three counts of aggravated fleeing, two counts of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer and one count of reckless driving. He also received a citation for bending back his license tag from plain sight.

No telephone listing for a David Carpenter at his address was available late Monday.

Hey, he was just practicing for chasing all the squids !!

Comment

Tokalosh

Comment

makes you wonder how many crazy applicants slip through the cracks and are not caught before becoming police officers
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

What a maroon.

Comment

I hope they have video... I want to see it

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

There was some cops out running cops here in MN not to long ago. Crazy.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Run Lou Run !!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                  Run Lou Run !!
                  I told you.... It wasn't us!!!!!!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Remember that so u know what to tell the cops !!

Comment

Working...
                    X