No announcement yet.
X

Tinted visors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never gave it much thought, since I just ride w/ my sunglasses on normally, but hhmm, that may be a good alternative for me!

Thanks !!!

Comment

i clean my agv visor with Zep glass cleaner ( commercail arisol) and nothing has happend yet

Comment

I spraypainted mine black. Now I can't see. My helmet smells funny.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
          I spraypainted mine black. Now I can't see. My helmet smells funny.
          OK, but that doesnt explain the rest of you !

Comment

nothing hi-tech on my shoei RF. Windex and a
            C-Fold paper towel. Been working fine for years.

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
              Baby Wipes!!!!!!!

As for the window tint trick, I was under the impression that it would not adhere to plastic. Never understood why, that's just what I was told.
              My boat has a plexi-glass windshield and I tinted that with no problem. As for the helmet visor, I saw the helmet in his hand when he was telling me what it was. He pointed out it was due for a change cus it was lifting off right at the edge where his gloved thumb would flip the visor open.
              I have also seen it on Ebay....the do it yourself tint...but the one I saw isn't there anymore. This one mentions it.

This one is selling just a small piece for like $5, but it is the stuff that sticks with static.

Suzuki2000....if I do try it, I will indeed keep you informed. But it will be a while cuz I already have a nice tinted one and my clear one.

What I would suggest is going to a place that does tinting and ask for a scrap piece. After they cut the stuff for a vehicle, I imaging they must have scrap pieces the size of a visor that go right in the garbage. I am sure they would give you a piece for free.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I would think that maybe if you tint the inside it would be less likely to roll from your hands and general abuse from the elements. I think I might try it on my spare clear visor.
                "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

Originally posted by 2K5GSX600F
                  I would think that maybe if you tint the inside it would be less likely to roll from your hands and general abuse from the elements. I think I might try it on my spare clear visor.
                  Thought the same thing, but if you do that, it provides no protection for the outside of the visor, which is where you would want it if you want to keep it in good shape.
                  When I was racing dirt track stock cars many many moons ago, I used to use this kind of stuff that was similar to window tint. It came in clear and smoked. It was several layers with offset tabs. When it would rain (not too much...just enough to make a mess but not cancel the race) and the visor got so you could not see through it, you just reached up and pulled a layer off. I think there was 5 layers to it if I remember right. That was over 15 years ago, so I don't remember what it was called. I got it through another guy I used to race with.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I've heard of that.. heard it called rip offs or something like that.
                    "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      Originally posted by Need4Speed
                      I wish I could ride w/ a smoke visor.. but riding so much at night, its not worth the hassle, even though its not hard, to swap out visors every time I leave work when its dark or dusk.
                      Have you thought about a pinned visor? They take inserts that simply snap into place on the inside of the visor to provide the tint... I know the stock visors for some brands take them (my Nolan for example).

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      My Nolan came with a pinlock deal too , but it's a real PITA to use . I think it'd be ALOT quicker and easier to just change shields than mess with that thing .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        My Nolan came with a pinlock deal too , but it's a real PITA to use . I think it'd be ALOT quicker and easier to just change shields than mess with that thing .
                        Really? I've never used one, but did note it being there -- I'd figure it's just a matter of snapping it into place... What am I missing? Or is it that you need to take the visor off to get it to snap in?

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah , they tell you you need to take the visor off to fit it , but it can be done with the visor still in place . Either way you do it though , it's STILL a pain . You have to kinda bend and shove the "extra" visor quite a bit to make it fit , weather or not you take off the visor . Of course , with the visor still in place , it's even a little tougher (requires smaller fingers) .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                          X