Katana in America/Canada???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana in America/Canada???

at the forum are a lot of people!

think, the Katana is a very good selled bike there?!?

In Germany it is one of the cheaper bike but still very good, but here you can see not a lot of this bike!?
    West of Germany
    greetz Carsten

Whats the most popular bike in Germany?

Comment

I don't if it would be considered a "Popular" bike here, but it is economical, and has its own little following.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

its not really popular, but there are a good amount of them. you have to remember that there are a lot more people in America and Canada than there are in Germany.

For every Katana I see there are probably 30 other sportbikes
        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
          Whats the most popular bike in Germany?
          wouldn't that be the BMW?
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Around here japanese bikes are the most common, but of there is a fair share of italians (mostly Duc's but some Aprilias too) and brits (there is a guy riding a Daytona at school!), and some touring BMWs... You see some Harleys and other cruisers too, but sportbikes, naked bikes and touring bikes seems to more popular in general (at least here in Brussels).

I've seen a few Kats, but I don't see them more like once or twice a week in the traffic. Gixxers, R1/R6s/Fizzers, CBRs I see every day.

This is my total subjective picture of it, have no idea about the statistics.
            - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

I still say, whenever I go to a rider hangout area,
              Kats are the bike ai see the least of. It is always the usual CBRs, R-1s, ZXs. I kind of like it that way!

Comment

I would say I mostly see Hondas around here...but that's just sportbikes. There is probably more street bikes here than sport for sure...

I think Ontario breeds Kats though if you look at KR membership

Comment

popular would mean a lot of people like them, well alot of people like to make fun of them lol, i get shat on every day at school cuz its a katana and i baught a new motor for it and im putting all this work in to it and at the end of the day its still a katana, and my reply is, ok take your camaro, mustang lets go to t the strip, lets race and lets put some money one it, no one wants to do it, one kid has 320 hp out of his mustang and he wont race me ....and my lile 1200 dollar bike will WHOO0P your @$$ lol so yea kids dont like em at all (my age 18-22)

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                    its not really popular, but there are a good amount of them. you have to remember that there are a lot more people in America and Canada than there are in Germany.

For every Katana I see there are probably 30 other sportbikes
                    I'd agree with that, and probably even up the number of sportbikes I see vs a kat.

There are a ton of them in use all over, but they arent as frequently seen for some reason.

Comment

In my area, Harley's are very very popular....but then again, this is Hells Angels territory. They "pretty much" have the last standing fortress...or bunker as they call it, in Quebec. It is only like 15 minutes from me. So all the non-members they have as friends either have HD or some form of custom. As for sportbikes, you see pretty much an even mix cuz we have huge dealerships around here. They are huge because there pretty much is just one of each. There is not a Suzuki dealer at each end of town. More like one for a 40-50 mile radius.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Re: Katana in America/Canada???

Originally posted by Blacktog
                        ...think, the Katana is a very good selled bike there?!?

In Germany it is one of the cheaper bike but still very good, but here you can see not a lot of this bike!?
                        No, the Katana is not a very good selling bike in the USA. I think its sportbike styling (its a sport/tourer) appeal to younger riders, and at that age the opinion of your "friends" and peers in your age group matters so much that a young person would have to be a pretty strong individualist, have thick skin, or want to get the most performance on a limited budget to choose the Katana.

In Germany, do sport bikes appeal mostly to younger riders, or is it a broader age range? In the US, a rider in his late 30's is probably a Harley or cruiser rider, and of course at that age range large touring bikes of all brands are popular.

Are Germans more accepting of the Katana? Are they a more "practicle" people, who would figure out that the Katana gets you a full sized fast sportbike at the lowest possible cost? Is there some stigma attached to riding a Katana in Germany? Do other sportbike riders look down on the bike in Germany?

With its longer wheelbase and known high speed stability, the Kat would make a good autobahn bike. They've got to like it over there. Cyber would know.

Comment

BMW seen here often but itīs very expensive!
                          most in germany i think suzuki bandit!for this bike a lot of mods ar possible!
                          West of Germany
                          greetz Carsten

Comment

Working...
                          X