No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next time come to my place.. The only thing new for me would be removing the swingarm, but we could figure it out with the service manuals. You would have been on the road in the same day..
    -2000 "750"

Comment

• It's waiting for the adjuster (and therefore parts) that's holding me up. I want the shop to do the decals- that way if they're effed up it's on them. I ordered a new oem decal for the left main and it started peeling like a month later- don't wanna repeat that bizniss.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Its ok... just say you don't want me touching your bike
        -2000 "750"

Comment

• I don't want you touching my bike. lol

If I could get it half as clean as yours you could fondle it all you want.
          BTW, I ordered a set of Bandit tensioners- which will fit in my backpack. ::coughcough::

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
            I don't want you touching my bike. lol

If I could get it half as clean as yours you could fondle it all you want.
            BTW, I ordered a set of Bandit tensioners- which will fit in my backpack. ::coughcough::
            If you come here for that I could wip out some little aluminum spacer pieces that fill the gap between the tensioner ID and axle OD. Not really needed but I decided it was worth it. The shop I use is a mile away so we can just wait till then to get the dimensions and bang em out then.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

• Put some pretty red rim stripes on 'em
              Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

• Sanded and painted some more parts. This has to be my least favorite work on vehicles. Primarily because I'm no good at it!
                '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                '05 Katana 600

Comment

• Rode to Kitchener to pick up a part for her. I miss how she purrrrrrred.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

• Sat on it and wished I could ride it.
                    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                    90 GSXR 750/1216
                    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                    sigpic

Comment

• Thanks to Kreylyn and Badfaerie, got her running again, and sooo very smooth! Thanks!

Comment

• rode her long, hard, and fast.
                        sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

• 75 mile trip for the hell of it (mostly highway unfortunately, but still fun). Nailed a couch cushion at 80MPH, good thing I always wear boots or I definitely would have at least broken my ankle. The bike's running a bit rough after sitting for a couple weeks, I really should pull apart the carbs again one of these days.
                          sigpic
                          »Ross Wendell
                          »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• Took off a fender to see what's involved in changing the spark plugs & wires, and put the fender back on when I decided I didn't feel like taking the gas tank off.

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here, but what genius engineer designed a bike such that you have to remove the gas tank to service an air filter? WTF?
                            '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                            '05 Katana 600

Comment

• Tank isn't hard to take off. Two bolts, two hoses, and lift.
                              02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                              90 GSXR 750/1216
                              96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                              87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                              sigpic

Comment

• finally, for the first time in like 2 months i am able to post something. after my shoulder surgery in june, if i even looked at my bike my wife would give me "the look".... so i am just two months out and ordering new tires, new brake, sanding and painting my wheels, doing an 03 tail swap not to mention general cleaning on it from sitting for two months!!!
                                R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X