No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the tire fixed up, patch/plug type.
    Only 3k miles on it and my last one lasted 20k.
    Road to work - all good. Which is good cause I'm riding 250 miles after work to Tahoe. In the dark.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Went on a ride to Bald River Falls yesterday. Man was the weather great!
      Treat everyday like it's your last....

Comment

• Great weather all weekend. Rode it as much as I could.

Got another blind low-ball offer on the kat... Everyone wants something for nothing....
        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
        - Aaron

Comment

• Finally got another ride in. Weather's been really terrible here this year. It's either raining or hot out. I don't ride in the rain and I don't ride when it's over 85 F.

Luckily we had a nice 78 F evening, no rain, and a car show just a few miles away that I rode to. The Kat fired right up, but was idling a bit low warming up and idling really low at stoplights. Made me nervous, almost turned back. After the show I was wishing I had turned back as it wouldn't start. Finally after many, MANY attempts to start (and my continued amazement that the battery was still holding up and the starter wasn't overheating) it finally fired up so I could go home. Ran beautifully after that.

"Random bike is random". Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1LE View Post
            I don't ride in the rain and I don't ride when it's over 85 F.
            My cut off is 93f and I wear all black gear in FL heat and humidity.
            Although night rides at about 75f is REAL nice.

Comment

• All black, Alpinestar leather jacket/ Dianese pants and/or full leather Sedici suit. Alpinestar boots with both set ups. Though Temps either way aren't a concern to me.. I ride winter and summer.. Full leather in the heat since its fully perforated and I don't need anything more underneath.

Personally I wouldn't ride on a plug or patch and/or a combo of both, but that's due to me having a sever habit of throttle therapy and my range is just shy of 200 mph so theres a reason for my prefernce
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

• Plug/patch has Been working great for me so far. Granted, I don't even get close to 100mph let alone 200. Mostly freeway cruising/commuting.
                Been hot here lately, pushing high 80s low 90s. Tourmaster mesh pants and Dianese jacket w/ Astar boots. Jacket liner comes out for the ride home fe work and I'm still dripping.

Also, fixed my hi beams and finally fiured out why my turn signal switch was catching. What I thought was dirt last time I was in there must have been graphite based lube. Gave it a little lube and butter smooth now, no catching. Still need to fix the chain guard though.
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• ? 80-90 is hot? 108+ here. I won't run a plug for long. Have one on the car, drives me crazy thinking about it.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Adjusted and lubed my chain last night.
                    Also while I was down there I noticed that the rear cradle bolts on the chain side...
                    One was missing! And oh the other is loose. So I went to tighten the bolt and low and behold no nut.

So out of two bolts and two nuts that are suppose to be there I only had one bolt left held in by the tension of the cradle on the bolt.

Good lord the PO really worked this poor Kat over. Every time I turn around something is damn near falling off.

Tonight im going to drop some new bolts in for piece of mind.

Comment

• Got tired of the front fender flapping around for the past 3 years...

Finally ordered an OEM front fender (black). Should be here in a week.
                      - Aaron

Comment

• I rode it to work..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

• Discovered my hi beams are out again. I had Resoldered the loose connection last weekend. Guess i didn't do a good job hard to do with the control pod being in the bike, so looked into unplugging it from the harness - that's going to be a while lot harder. That plug is all wrapped/braided/tucked up and there would be a whole lotta in wrapping to get it loose. Ballz

Going to add in a ~2" extension to make life easier. Solder the extension into the contact patch first, then solder the other end to the wire. Since I can braid the wires together they'll hold on their own and I won't need 4 hands. Which even if I had, cramped itty bitty space. The extension should be able to fit without getting in the way of anything. I hope.

Tomorrow...maybe work on the 1100! (I've said that what, 50 times without it happening?)
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Had someone seriously interested in my Kat come by and look at it.

Loved all my upgrades and mods to it, took it for a spin and was shocked at how nimble it was. Looks like I won't be hanging on to the Kat over the winter fellas. Fingers crossed, even tho I'll be sad to see it go
                            - Aaron

Comment

• i replaced my chain and sprockets on my project bike, the front sprocket nut was on finger tight. Glad i replaced it could have been ugly if it had come off while riding.
                              1990 katana 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
                                I rode it to work..
                                I finally got to do that this year. Set off with some trepidation, due to all the bizarre issues it has had, but I made it there and back without a tow truck. Started fine both times. Ran great. Only a little speedo cable clicking and just a few drops of oil came out of the forks. That's about as good as it gets for me this year...

Comment

Working...
                                X