No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left clip-on finally came loose, so I now have access to both upper mount bolts. Soaking them both in PB Blaster for a couple days.

No luck at all with the fender screws, tried wedging in a star bit with valve grinding compound as well as notching and using a large flat blade. The screw material just shreds.

Going forward with the plan to pull the forks as a single unit then drill out the screws afterwards when I can actually get at them reasonably. Perhaps later on this week after the upper mounts have had plenty of time to soak.

Comment

• Stared at it in the garage. Still wanting to put it back together and ride it...

So much going on right now...

ARG!
      2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
      - Aaron

Comment

• Found a random clip that actually works with the fairing bolts, Score! now I wont be looking too shabby missing a fairing bolt.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyOtherRideisaMR2 View Post
          Found a random clip that actually works with the fairing bolts, Score! now I wont be looking too shabby missing a fairing bolt.
          Where'd you get the clip? I'm in need of one of those, mine has been missing both clipped fairing bolts. Since the fairings are off anyways, now's the time to do it right!

Comment

• Rode to work and back. Fiddled with the clutch adjustment. Ordered a case of castrol power RS oil and EBC clutch plates and springs from Amazon.

I have had my kat for a little over 2 years, and this will be my 3rd clutch. I had Ivan's Fast Bikes do the last one after the one I did started slippping again. And now it's happening again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDGuero View Post
              Rode to work and back. Fiddled with the clutch adjustment. Ordered a case of castrol power RS oil and EBC clutch plates and springs from Amazon.

I have had my kat for a little over 2 years, and this will be my 3rd clutch. I had Ivan's Fast Bikes do the last one after the one I did started slippping again. And now it's happening again.
              I don't get it…Have you been using car oil?

Comment

• (last night)

Fired up the Kat with my fuel bottle (no issues).
                Double checked throttle freeplay and adjustments (good).
                Finished with the mess of wires above the headlight (zipties).
                Tank installed and took it for a rip around the block to check HID adjustment (needed adjustments badly!)
                Completed aiming my HID's for night driving.
                Fully reassembled the Kat (fairings and cowl).

(this morning)

Wiped her down (dusty!) with a dry cloth.
                Pumped up the tire pressure to 35-38.
                Fueled up.
                Rode er to work.

It was a good day ladies and gents
                - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by 1LE View Post
                  Where'd you get the clip? I'm in need of one of those, mine has been missing both clipped fairing bolts. Since the fairings are off anyways, now's the time to do it right!
                  I just found It in my buddies garage. He has a ton of them. I took two, didnt want to get greedy.

Comment

• Forks are off now. Took a breaker bar to get the upper mounts loose, but not a huge amount of effort. Dropped them out (quite easily) still tied together by those pesky fender screws that just won't give up. Been studying my options, but I think I'm out... If I don't come up with any new ideas by this weekend I'm going to drill them out as much as I hate to do that. Looks like they seat into aluminum, blech. Oh well, "what needs be, needs be...".

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                      How would you compare the ZZR to a Katana?
                      On paper they look almost equal. Just wondering.
                      I am not sure. His ZZR is a 1200, my Kat is a 750. From an acceleration point of view, there is no comparison.

From a handling perspective, the Kat is a little quicker steering and lighter feeling. Not enough to make a huge difference at my skill level though.

The ZZR appears to be a pretty decent machine. I am a bit of a simple person though - I find that most of the bikes made by the Japanese Big 4 are of decent quality and performance.
                      2005 Katana 750

Comment

• New levers for the Katana. Anodized green, from a Hayabusa. Look pretty great if ya ask me.
                        '88 Suzuki GSX1100F streetfighter project

Comment

• Rode it to work today and to Bikers Church tonight.
                          On the weekend I finally cut the shovel off, put a new oil plug gasket as the old one was leaking. Oh and the most important installed a speedo healer. My speedo was 23 % off. When it said I was doing 100 I was really doing 123. Also my bike was from the states and I'm in Canada so the speedo is in Miles. I've programmed it so the numbers are now in kms. So nice knowing the real speed I'm going in the units I understand

Comment

• Rode it to work today.

Runs fantastic. Love Terry's rear shock he made for me.
                            - Aaron

Comment

• Got 1 more fender screw off. Slotted the screw with a hacksaw, took the biggest flat blade screwdriver I had (about the width of the screw head), clamped some vicegrips on it, and gave it all I had. Made a nice pop sound, then came right on out. So, left side fork is free of the fender now!

Just 1 more screw to go before the right side is also freed... Slotted it tonight too, but no luck breaking it loose. I wiggled the fender underneath it though and it's now sucking in PB Blaster (before it was just running off), so perhaps some time this weekend it'll decide to come out...

Comment

• I saw a police radar speedo sign on the side of the road near me, so rode by to check my speedo.
                                Woh! my speedo reads 60 but the radar sign said I was only going 53!!!
                                No wonder everybody was passing me on the highway!
                                So I calculate a 13% difference. Good to know, now I can compensate.

Comment

Working...
                                X