No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a ride from Atlanta, GA to Greenville, SC. I took a "tank trip" today. For those of you who don't know what that is, you fill up your tank, go until you run out and post up camp right there. I'll be back in GA tomorrow. It not so much the destination, it's the ride ..... YAYYYYYY ME ..... :
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• after an entire month of my bike being in the shop for a valve adjustment & a carb sync i got her back. finally

here she is after i buttoned her back up

Comment

• Finished my valve adjustment tonight. Got a lot of my stuff back together, but it's time to order new spark plugs and an air filter.

Looking forward to tomorrow night cause my bike will likely be 90% back together... except for my tires...
        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
        - Aaron

Comment

• I looked at it - the large pile of stuff that is the bike (currenlty stripped down and awaiting a missing o-ring from gasket set for reassembley) and went for a ride on my brothers YZF1000. Fun.

Comment

• Oil and filter change, cleaned and re-lubed the chain then washed it. All ready for another trip!

Comment

• Modified my exhaust bung. Tightened the steering head bearings. Then it rained so instead of a test ride, I began work on a windscreen extension.

Comment

• Replaced my worn out stock shock with one off an 03, might be able to ride 2up now, Installed the stock exhaust off 03, and changed my mirrors to a set laying around the shop.

Tonight, hopefully chain and sprockets and a good cleaning.

Comment

• Called around for parts this morning. Looks like I've got more work ahead of me tonight!

Plugs, fuel & air filters. Next is to get the carbs synced and then for new tires on the bike.

Might actually be able to ride her sometime next week
                  2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                  - Aaron

Comment

• Reassembled my shifter after a few long weeks of replacing 2nd gear. Still a few things broke but at least I can put it all back together now.

Comment

• Just placed my order for a RK chain and Michelin PR2's hope there all there talked up to me. Compound's are soft and medium, the kat will be on the road soooon can't wait!

Comment

• Changed the oil, lubed and adjusted chain, flushed the brake system and took her for a ride.

Comment

• Remounted my license plate, increased the rear preload to 7 and wired up turn signals mounted in tail.

Comment

• Took the LAST bolt out of the head only to drop it down the cam cahin tunnel. It is out of sight. I have tried a telescopic magnet.

I am not happy.

I was about to pivot the engine to get the head off - once that's done, I think I might have to take the engine of, turn it upsaide down and shake it!!!

This is the first time I've ever taken the head off a bike myself - I am learing a lot

Comment

• ordered my sprocket set from gsxfJim!!! Very excited to get the bike back on the road!

-1 front
                              +2 rear

wheelie time... maybe?
                              -Brandon

Comment

• Adjusted the chain, then cleaned the bike really well.

-Called about putting the steering bearings in and the guy was trying to rip me...hoping to find someone to change out the steering bearings...for a reasonable amount of money.
                                Manny

Comment

Working...
                                X