No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cut the deal to trade mine straight up for a honda vt1100, I really am more comfortable on a cruiser
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      Congrats on the new bike! Want to come up here and clean mine? Sounds like you do one heck of a job.
      Thanks! Took my little brother and I about 5 hours but was definitely worth the effort hah. I'm sure I'll be returning the favor when he gets his.

Comment

• Sanded the rear Plastic For the 3rd time just happy with the finish. bought a better primer see if that helps

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
        >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

• Hey folks as I mentioned before I was starting my mesh mod upgre and I found a nice Dupli-color Metalcast Red Adonized spray paint at Auto Zone and it has a 500 degree F... Is this sufficient for the mesh mod? I don't know what the temp on the engines are on the reg, norm, or extreme so before i fully finish this mod i want to make sure im good with this can... Thanks in advance to any and all responses...

Comment

• Still piecing it back together

Comment

• finally

after months of your help... and thousands of my dollars... its fixed... sooooo my specs... stage 3 jet kit... custom sprocket setup... 4-1 yoshi... airhorn... ignition relay mod.... and sooon a 3 degree advance...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Rebuilt rear MC. Sure enough, big chunk out of the piston seal. Didn't need to clean up the body much at all, though. Went really quick.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• I rode it in the NGa. mtns ahead of the coming rain.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• got my new yosh exhaust in the mail......pouted cause i cant install it until i figure out engine

Comment

• hey all,

breakin my first post cherry might as well tell you what i did today.

took the bike apart down to the carbs/airbox. need to adjust it because i'm having idle problems (yea, i kno typical) and also to replace an alternator. i've only ever down minor cosmetic repairs and stuff so i'm trying to learn how to work on my own bike. still waiting on the manual to come by mail. bikes in the garage naked

edit: 93 katana 600 in the black/purple

Comment

• Ok so today made two steps forward and 4 backward on the bike yestarday i primed both left and right side rear plastic and even got the black flat started. so early this morning a did the first layer of paint on the parts around 3pm i figured to make a second coat which ended up leaving the right side with big runs in the paint. so at 6pm i figure sand it and the run and that end up messing everything up. so i have to wait till tomorrow to see if i can get it sanded well enought to fix this mess. So o took kreys advise and hit up harbor freight for the battery charger. So the only real progress i manage to do today is to install the rear grap rail brackets, with that also got the rear main grap rail/ seat installed. also install the modified licesence plate/and led blinker bracket installed. so hope to have most of the bike back together tomorrow. which will include the new modified charger. so i hope the grips and led plate light show up this week. the one thing i'm still debating on what led system to order was thinking this unit
                        [ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/250996997723?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/250996997723?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619[/ame]

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
                        >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

• i ****ed up as well. so since my bike kept dying within 30 minutes of being out riding, i assumed the alternator was dead and got one on ebay for $20...anyway after taking apart the whole bike turns out the plug was disconnected! should've checked the wiring before doing all this **** and buying the alt, but anyway i'm going to work on getting the idle correct and fixing the carbs tomorrow..my first time doin it and i'm usin carbs 101

Comment

• ok so i am using carbs 101 and went by it step by step. the first boot was the most difficult because i stripped a screw that was super tight, but i got the replacement and removed all the boots. now the slide on the first carb was stuck, and is also missing the little donut that rests on the needle. it has a tiny one, but the slightly larger one is missing. also the spring that was in this one was two springs soldered together (perhaps the spring broke and was fixed in this way?? idk....)

now i'm up to page 6 on carbs 101 right after taking out the needles, however i don't see any emulsion tubes, or any of the parts that are on the pic on page 7 (the pic where the jets/tubes are sitting in solvent...are these parts only if you put a jet kit on the carb?)

sorry for all the confusing questions, i'm a new jack, never tore apart my bike like this and am trying to learn. i plan on getting that spring and any other missing parts of the carb but what i'm asking is, am i missing vital parts or are the pics on carbs 101 parts that you get from a jet kit? should i get a stage 1 jet kit (bike is stock) for the replacement carb pieces?

i've given up for now bec the screws on the bowl assemblies on the bottom are in so tight that i'm going to have to get better screwdrivers to take em out or i'll strip them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by garbagekid View Post
                              ok so i am using carbs 101 and went by it step by step. the first boot was the most difficult because i stripped a screw that was super tight, but i got the replacement and removed all the boots. now the slide on the first carb was stuck, and is also missing the little donut that rests on the needle. it has a tiny one, but the slightly larger one is missing. also the spring that was in this one was two springs soldered together (perhaps the spring broke and was fixed in this way?? idk....)

now i'm up to page 6 on carbs 101 right after taking out the needles, however i don't see any emulsion tubes, or any of the parts that are on the pic on page 7 (the pic where the jets/tubes are sitting in solvent...are these parts only if you put a jet kit on the carb?)

sorry for all the confusing questions, i'm a new jack, never tore apart my bike like this and am trying to learn. i plan on getting that spring and any other missing parts of the carb but what i'm asking is, am i missing vital parts or are the pics on carbs 101 parts that you get from a jet kit? should i get a stage 1 jet kit (bike is stock) for the replacement carb pieces?

i've given up for now bec the screws on the bowl assemblies on the bottom are in so tight that i'm going to have to get better screwdrivers to take em out or i'll strip them all.

You may find it better to start a sperate thread for questions and such. This is more of a "brag what you finished" thead.

But... most of the parts your missing are under the bowls. You need to get them off before you can do much more.

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                                You may find it better to start a sperate thread for questions and such. This is more of a "brag what you finished" thead.

But... most of the parts your missing are under the bowls. You need to get them off before you can do much more.

Krey
                                ok, yea i was wondering where would be the right spot to post this sorry for the inapprop questions!

i'll start a new thread once i have the manual and other parts i need. thanks for the reply krey

Comment

Working...
                                X