No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode to work today. Still trying to find parts for the 08+ ninja 250 headlight on the cheap. During a CL search I found an 06 GSXR radial master cylender for $30. Emailed the guy, just waiting on a response.

For now the bike is nakid with the stock pre headlight and a rather large windscreen. Looks ugly but it's not like it's going to stay that way forever.
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Comment

• Rode her to work...but now it's raining so the ride home is gonna be fun. Plus, I rolled over 34k today
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

• rode it around, got the oil changed yesterday and inspected...I think the shop I went to is trying to scam me, having numerous problems with the bike now...

Comment

• Put lock washers on my license plate because I forgot to and had to pull a U-turn yesterday to grab my plate... sitting on the pavement... lol!
          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
          - Aaron

Comment

• lowered it 1" and welded a tag onto the side stand

Comment

• New windscreen and seat

After riding the first year with my 2001 KAT 750, I noticed a lot of wind buffeting on the HW, and my wife said the seat offered little comfort when she was on the back.

In the off season I bought a new Corbin seat. It was not cheap, but it is very comfortable. My wife said she now feels like she has her "own" seat, and is really happy with it. I think it looks really good on the bike as well.

I also upgraded to a Zero Gravity sport touring windscreen. For me, it makes a hug difference in reducing the wind blast on the HW. I am really pleased with both pruchases.

Comment

• Took the siren off of my old cars alarm, and replaced the stock horn on my kat with the siren. sounds sweet, whoop whoop...

Comment

• Decided to check the timing on my DYNA2000 and found that 2&3 were off by 8 degrees. Had to drill the base plate to be able to bring it to the correct 40 degrees. Took her out at night, have not done that in a while, and she rode like a champ.... Can't remember the last time she ran so smooth...
                  "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• brought the bike back, seems to be working good now. glad that it wasn't worse.

Comment

• Dropd it doin a burnout BY REQUEST at a little kids bday party...
                      Now definitely time for a paint job Celestial Blue here I come

Comment

• Cleaned and reassembled the carbs.

Just sprang for a Morgan Carbtune. Spent LOTS of time tossing around building my own versus the nicer tool that I'll keep forever. Opted for the latter.
                        1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

• rode it
                          now on the look out for iridescent graffix black to purple

Comment

• I rode it to work today...truth be told it's a friends bike that I fixed up for him.

I mean I HAD to road test it... Right??!!??
                            That which does not kill us makes us angry!

$10k and 100 miles doesn't make you a biker.

Comment

• mines being certified
                              Glasses Up, bitches down

Comment

• Put the 749cc head and barrels together while still waiting for the frame and bits to come back from powder coating .

Comment

Working...
                                X