What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change oil and lube chain

Comment

• i am adding more blue L.E.D. lights to it and putting on my customs two brothers m5 carbon exhaust then looking up solo seat cowls and also trying to find either a single sided swing arm or a stretched swing arm for the 06

Comment

• Jumped the clutch safety switch (because it was malfunctioning half the time and prevented me from starting the bike this morning) and replaced the left ignition coil with one I bought for $20 off ebay from an 06.
        Working perfectly (even though I now have 2 right coils on my bike, the CDI don't care lol)

Smoothed out the ride alot....very happy.

Comment

• Sat. works on the rear

Gladiators M.C.C Sweden Member

*Katana -1999 750cc*

Comment

• Finally got it started again. Shouldn't have let it sit so long.
            Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

• Put in an ignition and got a new battery (charging as we speak)
              01' Intruder 1400 [Sold 4/10]
              03' VTX 1800 Retro
              04' Katana 750 [Theft Recovery 2/10]

Comment

• took forks apart to change seals got stopped by gf will get back to putting it together tomorrow while shes at work

Comment

• Shined her up and then full tank and then............C-Ya..............
                  sigpic

Comment

• Ordered:

Yoshimura RS-3 stainless steel slip on
                    Exhaust bolts
                    Intake boot clamp
                    Intake boot screws*
                    Factory Pro jet kit
                    Muffler connector gasket and exhaust gaskets
                    Petcock rebuild kit

I can't wait to get this stuff on the bike
                    and get her started for the first time in 2010.
                    For sale thread Album
                    1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

• I pulled the bike out and uncovered it. I checked the plugs, did a little cleaning around the engine and then I re-installed the carbs that I had cleaned last season. I re-installed the airbox and then the tank that I had performed a POR-15 treatment on last season as well. Oh, I changed the oil and filter too. I thought she could use a fresh dose of new oil. = ) I thought for sure that the battery would be dead as a door nail after sitting in the cold for so long. I let the carbs prime and then hit the button for the moment of truth. She fired up!! I was pretty happy. I let her run for a little while and then adjusted out the idle. She seems to be running the best that she has been in a while. At least now with the POR-15 I won't have to worry about various crap getting in, clogging my pilot jets and breaking me down when I least expect it. What a PITA that was!! So Saturday was a good day. It was nice to hear the bike purring the way that she is supposed too. Next on the list is bleeding my brakes. Right now I don't have any due to the bike sitting over the winter and gathering air in the brake system.
                      'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                      ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                      ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

• Started spring freshening up!

Did exhaust manifold weld grinding mod.

started assembly, took apart at the start of winter to do mods.

Left sitting for winter with a full tank of chevron 94 octane, fired up in 2 seconds!

Was going to do more mods, but I would like an dual-sport this year for a second bike if possible, so less mods, more bikes maybe

Might get it on the road tomorrow!! I'll stick to buzzing around town for a few weeks for the frost to come out of the ground, then riding season is on!

Jet

Comment

• Tommorrows another day... as for today I cleaned up my bikes home. I put in a new fully charged battery. (no such luck) I found that one out of 2 of my 30a fuses are blown so I will try a quick change of that and hopefully it will do the trick.
                          01' Intruder 1400 [Sold 4/10]
                          03' VTX 1800 Retro
                          04' Katana 750 [Theft Recovery 2/10]

Comment

• Just bought

i just bought my first katana today..well dang first bike actually. Cant wait to mod the living daylights out of it!!
                            "to be extraordinary you have to break away from the chains of plain ordinary. to do that you must lead and not follow..but to do that you must learn how it feels to follow a true leader"

Comment

• Welcome to KR!

Start on the internal Mods first, you will be very happy!

Timing advance, jet kit, etc...

I really improved the throttle response and smoothness of my '06 Kat with those mods.

Comment

• Kat is assembled!!

Kat got a shiny new license plate today

Not going to be posting again until November now

I'm off for a ride

Comment

Working...
                                X