• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pirellis, new levers, new grips.
    joey b.

Comment

• New plugs and lost some bolts and plastics and gauges....... uh oh

Comment

• went for a 80 mile ride through the hills getting better in the twisties woohoo

Comment

• I ordered:
          A shift kit, a chain, a pair of turn signals, fork seals, dust seals, an ignition switch, an aluminum box to mount the ignition switch in, some wiring, some heat shrink, exhaust flanges, new rubber pilot jet plugs, an axle spacer, and a camera so I can take pictures of it........

Actually, I ordered all this on Thursday night, and the only thing that shipped so far is the camera. My orders from Dennis Kirk, Ron Ayers, and Parts Express all have not shipped yet. Boo hiss.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• polished the rims and man do my hands HURT!
            sigpic
            If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

• Went for a nice hour long ride then cleaned the bike

2003 Katana 750F
              1986 VFR 700F

Comment

• Originally posted by Fastymz View Post
                Went for a nice hour long ride then cleaned the bike

nice
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Today I removed the carbs to see how badly they were gunked up since the PO didn't seem to know anything about bike maintenance. When I got the carbs apart, after destroying 3 of the brass screws, I found mountains of jelly. I assume these mountains used to be something that resembled fuel at one point... No wonder the bike did not want to start. Nothing could get past the jelly!

After letting everything soak for a few hours, I put it all back together, with a nice new shiny set of bolts instead of the brass screws.

Tomorrow I get to put some gas in her and see if I know what I am doing, or if I need to call a professional.

Comment

• Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                    nice
                    Must be nice to ride this time of year! urgggg

Comment

• Originally posted by fastymz View Post
                      went for a nice hour long ride then cleaned the bike

+1 sweet!
                      sigpic
                      Pepe Bouchard

Comment

• Put all my new chrome on, painted the peg brackets and pushed it back in the carport! Got spike grips, windscreen bolts and pegs, front brake cap w Katana engraved and levers!!! Now to fix the scratches from my children knocking it over during the snow!!! Also gotta change the seat...goin black!

Comment

• Finally got around to chopping off the remainder of the stock rear fender!

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Just unscrewed a couple off screws on the underside of the fender so that it sould sag down (see pics above)

Then I took a ute-knife and scored along the indentation/ridge you see towards the top. After scoring it I heated up the knife a tad and cut the sucker off!

Finished look:
                          Picture 007.jpg

Now it's onto assembling my new plate/signal bracket!
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

• Today I ran some seafoam through her and ordered a Delkevic Exhaust. Now she purrs like a kitten and soon will sound mean as hell. Oil change tomorrow and first real ride this weekend!!
                            Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

• Need to hit up the hardware store to fasten the plastic back in place, but finally finished the fender elimination started about 30 months ago

Didn't take a pic post-cleanup of the cut plastic, but you get it. Just used a basic file on the cut edge. Feels & looks so much better.
                              sigpic
                              "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• rode it to work!!!! :

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                                X