X

Bike covers....what do you use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike covers....what do you use?

I am going to have to start parking the Kat outside overnite. Just not enought room in the garage any longer. What brand, style do you recommend? My only gripe/question is does the bike have to cool before putting one on? I just want to be able to slip it on......"and fa'get about it"

Thanks guys.-Eric
    My sig is boring.

You can just slip on most covers. Most bike specific covers are heat resistant.
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
      True, but I let my bike cool anyway. About 30 minutes.
      I have a Dowco cover. Nice.

Comment

I have a Dowco cover. When I was storing my bike outside I found that by the time I took off my gear and pulled out the cover the exhaust was usually cool enough for me to put the cover on.

Comment

Some covers even have locks to keep them snug if you want to avoid some peoples curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
            True, but I let my bike cool anyway. About 30 minutes.
            I have a Dowco cover. Nice.

+1 I got mine from Keith a couple months ago, it works great !!! And I wait as well, usually after I get home and take off my gear, say Hi to everybody, and then remember I need to go put it on, its ok. I know I dont really have to wait, but its just force of habit.

Comment

Most of the ones I found that were heat resistant said that it was okay if the bike was still warm, but not hot (i.e., right after you shut it off). I usually wait half an hour or more to put mine on...
              Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

a garage...
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                  a garage...
                  Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
                    Originally posted by zleviticus
                    a garage...
                    Me too!

yeah i want one of them... the wife asked why? i said because i want one..

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Great. Thanks guys.....I just wanted to see if someone had some good luck with a specific brand.....and what you did before you slipped it on.....

I have found one on ebay for pretty cheap....so I think I am going to buy it.....

Thanks again.
                      My sig is boring.

Comment

Dowco Guardian, and I would recommend it to others, but I would recommend a garage more.
                        I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

I have been using a garage for about 2 months....but a Corvette is moving in....so no room for the Kat. (my dads vette, not mine)
                          My sig is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnbliYayzzy
                            Dowco Guardian, and I would recommend it to others, but I would recommend a garage more.
                            +1 . Guardian with a lock .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

wash the bke before you cover it and make sure the cover is clean..

Comment

Working...
                              X