X

my first and hopefully last i "layed it down" post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first and hopefully last i "layed it down" post

i was out for a nice cruse and decided it was time to head home. turned down a street and it was pretty much a hill the whole way. so i was trying to do a u turn where it was a little flater but still a hill. and when i was about paralel with the hill. got to much weight on the left leg and i started going down. luckley i was able to lay it down slowley. just a few little scuffs on the buttom faring bubble. but wrose part is i broke my clutch lever. 3 stop signs between being half way home. so i decided i would aim for half way abd park the bike at this bait shop. well rolled threw 2 stop signs then ened up stalling it at one and man was it a pain with all the traffic. anyway parked it got a ride home got my truck and shes in my garage now waiting for the new lever to come. hope this never happens again its a good lesson.

yep, get that clutch lever go to the hill do another U turn and do it the right way!!!! lol we all do it there is nothign wrong with putting down a bike, its 2 wheels not stable its gonna happen (chirs said that to me)

Comment

Next time the clutch is out (for whatever reason) just click the bike into neutral before stopping. Walk the bike forward to get it rolling just a bit and you can click it into first.
      Rode mine for two days like that waiting for a cable last time. =)
      Helmets skid... Brains splatter.
      Wear your lid... Or lose gray matter.

Comment

Glad to hear that the damage was not to bad. Corey, Boner and I went out yesterday for a River Run. Great ride, and best of all, there were no fall downs!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

where did you guys go lou? i was dowin in stillwater when i broke it and drove it back up 96 to 61 where i parked it. so many bike out wish it did;nt break and i had the day off of work.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky6man
            where did you guys go lou? i was dowin in stillwater when i broke it and drove it back up 96 to 61 where i parked it. so many bike out wish it did;nt break and i had the day off of work.
            We met up in Oakdale off of 694 and County 10 there by the theater. If the weather is good, we may go again this weekend if your up for it and if th ebike is fixed.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I used to keep a brake lever in my pack because I busted them so often

Comment

fortunately it sounds like most of the damage was to your ego, and fortunately that and a lever are pretty easily repaired no shame, everybody's dropped there's at some point. glad you're ok. lesson learned

Comment

Working...
                X