Lean degree

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean degree

Does anyone know the lean angel degree for a Kat? Another rider who
    has a R1 told me his was 50 degree's before he hits the fairing.
    One more, Does anyone kick ass on macadam's. They fill "uncomfortable" to me. Not a real secure feeling. Same rider told me I was hardly leaning but I felt like I shouldnt go any further. Am I just being paranoid or is that normal for stock junk?
    2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
    vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
    JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

It's normal for stock junk.. they difference between diablos or pilots or any other good tire is amazing from the stock macadams they put on the Kats. They feel alot heavier w/ the stock tires and not as nimble as when you get better rubber underneath you. I cant afford new tires right now, and the tread is still decent on them, but I'll need to replace them by next spring, so mine will have to wait till then, but I still get down pretty far in the corners, and Ive been knee draggin on them.. not too often, but they could be worse.. they could be bald

Comment

Lean angle? I have no idea. Macadams? They suck. I'm putting Avon tires on my Kat soon because the front tire is cupping. And it's not because of air pressure or riding habits. Michelin has a new Macadam that they say is improved and will not cup but I'm still going with Avon.

Comment

Are you runnin macadam's N4S?

Comment

90X Macadams here.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickKat
            Are you runnin macadam's N4S?
            unfortunately yes, barracuda's..came stock when I got the bike.. they arent a bad tire really, and have held up pretty well for how hard I ride.. but new tires are definately on the list, just cant swing it right now, unless I found a helluva deal, I mean a real helluva deal.

Comment

I know.... they aint cheap. so would you say that I can lean it further then I am, I know I'm not going all the way to the edge of the tire.

Comment

if you look at the tire, you can see the literal edge of where the main tread stops, its quite noticeable.. where as w/ the good aftermarket tires, they tread is even and balanced the whole way throughout the tire, so therefore the bike is more evenly balanced in the corners and you can lean further and ALOT easier. Without actually seeing you ride, I'd say you can probably go alittle further than what you are doing, but that just comes w/ practice. The macadam tires arent really a bad tire, since they are put on a sport tourer, they're made to hold up for a long time and wear well, and they'll do OK at best in the hard twisties..but since they are designed to go railing 24/7, you'd do well, as would I, to get some good metzlers, etc.

Comment

From what I understand, most people will never see the full lean potential of there bike. Yes, the Macadams are not known for there great handling in the twisties, but from what I understand, they are decent for touring.

Diablos for me though please!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

alright thats what I was lookin for thanks speed.
                    Answer= You can only have so much fun on macadam's

Comment

IMHO the macadams are poop!

Lean angle is hard to really determine.
                      It depends on the weight of the rider,
                      where the suspension is set up and all..
                      as the suspension sinks the angle before you grind lowers..

I think lots of true sportbikes can get 50 degrees no?

Comment

According to Total motorcycle.com the max lean angle for the kat is 52 degrees.
                        "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

Sell the Macadams on eBay. Buy new tires. Total cost out of pocket should be about $75 or less if the Macadams are in good shape and you buy wisely from a mail order firm with low prices (my last such swap when I got the bike cost me $38 including mounting -- there's always someone who wants the Macadams because they are the "OEM Tire", even though they are crap).

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

oh I think we can top that

Comment

Working...
                            X