X

Almost Died Yesterday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Died Yesterday

I was riding on a downhill twisty road when in front of me on a blind corner appears a Honda CRV all the way in my lane. I also had a Chevy Silverado right on my tail. I had no where to go but onto the soft shoulder and hope not to go over the edge. Luckily I held it up and got back on the road. My scariest experience to date on my Kat. For those near Ventura it was Portrero canyon near CSUCI.
    "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Thank goodness you are alright, did you leave anything in your pants?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Glad to hear that it turned out ok for you!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

That's screwed up. Glad to hear you made it out of there ok. Can't trust those cagers.

Comment

Wow, when you say edge do you mean there was a drop off to the right of the soft shoulder?

Comment

Very lucky you didn't loose it. Congratulations.
            Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Definately good to still have you around.. good save !!

Comment

Originally posted by CorpZ
                Wow, when you say edge do you mean there was a drop off to the right of the soft shoulder?
                Exactly, It was maybe a 50-100 foot drop into a ravine.
                "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

Time to change your sig. LOL Glad to here you made it. Did the car behind have time to stop? I did the same type this in a cage 3-4 time but the last time I tried it I lost it on shoulder turned a nice ( almost new ) 1991 excort GT into scrap metal, not one good peice of sheet metal or glass left.
                  William the Wild1
                  Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

Comment

Holy Crap!!!!

that is freaking scary.

I woulda crapped my pants.

I don't know if it would have been nessecary, but I woulda done it, just because I could ahve gotten away with it under those circumstances!
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

glad to hear that you are ok.
                      The Katana's Big Brother
                      1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

I didn't fill my pants but the pucker factor was definately high. I survived Iraq and have survived meth lab raids with P.D. It's amazing how much different it feels to think you are going to become a hood ornament than when being shot at.

Comment

I say F blind corners
                          Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Glad you kept it up!

Comment

The hardest part is pulling the U-Turn right afterwards to run down the guy who almost ran you down...

Sorry to hear about it.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X