X

ALMOST GOT HIT TODAY..but not by what u think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALMOST GOT HIT TODAY..but not by what u think

ok so im driving down one of our main streets. Doing speed limit behind traffic. I'm the last vehicle in my lane. So i start seeing some cars swerve in their lanes...i try looking ahead and see something black in the road. The car in front of me swerves and im about to go to the right side of lane, until i see what is actually was. Then i lean hard to the left or i would have gotten hit.

It was an WHEEL AND TIRE rolling towards us.This wasnt a small car tire either , i looked at it as it flew past me and the top of tire came up to my knees and Not slow either, by how fast it came up and past me i'd say about 30-45mph. I pulled over real fast and stopped...looked behind me to watch it roll about 600ft and smashed into a Uhaul truck parked in a gas station. Now it may have been going faster i dont know , what i do know is after it hit the bumper it flew up so high i coudlnt see if past the gas pump island. I was about 600ft and i heard it hit the truck with my helmet on.

About 30mins later after i finished what i set out to do , i drove back to gas station and asked if they found out where tire came from. Since i didnt see Large trucks around at that time. The guy had NO IDEA anything had happened at all. LOL i was far away and heard it hit ..and here he was 50ft from the truck and knew nothing. Oh well. Lucky day for me
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

You are very lucky. Glad you and nobody else got hurt. That is too freaky.

Comment

That's definately something you don't see every day

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

I seen a whole wheel laying on the side of the road once. Then about a mile up I seen this POS hoopty ride going down the highway at about 55-60pmh driving without one of its rear wheels, sparks flying everywhere. It was insane.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I had an axle complete with one wheel(off a trailer) fly over the side of the highway above and in front of us and it bounced clear over our car. I still can't believe how high it bounced after hitting the ground about 20 feet in front and to the left of our car.

Comment

We had a summer of flying truck tires a few years ago in Ontario, A few deaths resulted and a major crack down on the trucking industry quickly followed.
            Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              I seen a whole wheel laying on the side of the road once. Then about a mile up I seen this POS hoopty ride going down the highway at about 55-60pmh driving without one of its rear wheels, sparks flying everywhere. It was insane.
              Thats the best is to see these losers in their hoopty cars thinking they badass, yet they never bother with replacing stock axles with more heavy duty to take their bouncing..M UHAHAHAHHA I SCOFF AT THEIR MISFORTUNE!!
              " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Funny how often something as bizzar as that happens..
                I saw the same thing once.. It hit the car ahead of me and I never saw it land.. I bet it cleared 3 or 4 cars before landing..

Comment

Never seen a tire flying down the road, but I have almost hit a lazy-boy that flew out of the back of a pickup. They didn't even seem to notice that it was gone, but it just missed us.
                  1994 Kawasaki ZX6E

Comment

You mean a chair?? Or a Cruiser?

Comment

That was close! I honestly say Ive never had a tire roll past me while riding!!

Comment

Today while in my cage, I spotted a freakin' CAR BATTERY in the middle of an intersection!!
                        "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

After just reading his story again, I was reminded of the that time a chicken flew out and hit me when I was riding!! funny as hell now, but kinda sucked at the time!

Comment

Originally posted by CorpZ
                            I had an axle complete with one wheel(off a trailer) fly over the side of the highway above and in front of us and it bounced clear over our car. I still can't believe how high it bounced after hitting the ground about 20 feet in front and to the left of our car.
                            Pretty much the same tale... the wheel came off the trailer, went up into the air (out of sight), then came down about a foot off the driver's side of the windshield and bounced away again. If it had hit our windshield, it would have probably killed me based on how much "hang time" it had between coming off the trailer and hitting again right next to me. On the motorcycle, it would have definitely killed me...

People never seem to do their maint on their trailer bearings & bolts...

Grrr!
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I've seen a car tire come off a vehicle and go across four lanes of traffic. "An object in motion will continue in motion"
                              Keith Paton
                              Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                              13 GSXR750

Comment

Working...
                              X