X

quick question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question

I am thinking about getting an 06 katana, it will be my first bike, I know i want a sport bike, with somewhat an aggressive riding position. So i was wondering if you guys could tell me if the riding position for this bike is more laxed or leaning towards aggressive. or if you have any tips or anything that i should look out for on the bike i am getting. thank you so much

that kat is more lax compared to others. its a sports tourer so it made to go long distance, but you can hunker down and get after it as well.
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

so is there any other bike you recommend or should i stick with this one, from what i've seen and read I really like this bike especially the price. not sure if this will help buy i will be riding with my brother and also a friend, one has a honda 1000rr and my brother has a 600rr, i wont be llooking into racing or anything like that,but just an in riding and price rage, would like to have something that would be able to stand right next to those

Comment

You have to crawl before you can walk or stand. ^^^

Comment

And, you can all compare insurance prices.....guess who wins?
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

The Kat is a decent all around bike. You can zip around on it, and you can ride it all day.

RR bikes get expensive to insure, and most of them aren't all day bikes.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

new rider, first bike,,,,,,,,stay away from the RR's and such unless you have a death wish. dont even try to keep up with an experienced rider, downright foolish. If they dont take into account your lack of skills you dont need to be riding with them, brother or not. A 600 Kat will be plenty enough bike, maybe even too much. Take the MSF basic skills course too.
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

i've taken the class and they arent the fast or aggressive rider type. very relaxed and normal cruising and i never had a full supersport bike in mind anyway. i just wanted a sport bike for cruising, so was trying to decide between the 06 katana and the 08 sv650s

Comment

glad to hear it. enjoy whatever you do decide to buy. personally, i love my Kat.
                  99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                  '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                  Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by nima.adib View Post
                    i will be riding with my brother and also a friend, one has a honda 1000rr and my brother has a 600rr, would like to have something that would be able to stand right next to those
                    I don't think the SV or the Kat will stand next to a 1000RR or a 600RR with equaly skilled riders. It's like comparing apples and oranges. It all depends on what you want to do with the bike. The Kat is an all around good bike and cheaper to insure than the RR's, not to mention more comfy. Why not start on a sport tourer and when your skill increases if you still want more HP and speed then you can get an RR. At the rally this year I met Hagen, he rides a 600 Kat and I bet he'd put about 70% of the RR riders in their place. Hagen can ride the dragon like no one's business. So you see it's not just the bike but also the riders skill. Anybody can go fast in a straight line. Good luck on your decision.
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

The SV or the Kat would be a better starter bike than the RR's. They are both great bikes.

With the SV you get FI instead of carbs, but I like the 4 better than the twins.
                      I like the plastic of the Kat, If you are doing long rides you will be glad for the extra windbreak they give.

Comment

i'd go with the kat. it was my first bike and i truly love it. the only reason i would ever get anything else, is purely for looks. one of those.. hmm... i've got some cash lying around and i want something new kinda thing... otherwise, im sticking with the kat as long as i can. and as far as the riding position. it is still a sport bike to an extent. and the posture is up to you, which is also great about the kat. you can ride sitting upright and feel just fine, or if you want, you can really lean forward like all the other bikes, and still be fine. so it's able to accomadate different positions just fine. and i suppose, if you were to mount a couple bars on the bottom near the front, you could sit like it was a cruiser with your legs out front lol :P
                        2004 Katana
                        GO OWLS!!!

Comment

well I think if you like sport look Kat is better looking than SV
                          Always remember to keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
                            And, you can all compare insurance prices.....guess who wins?
                            my Kat is $312 for the year on PLPD

Comment

I love my Kat. Also, you should take the advice above. You should learn to walk first before you try to run. Just a thought
                              sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

Working...
                              X