X

Base stickers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base stickers

I know some of you guys and girls ride your bikes on the military bases so I was wondering where is the best place to put base stickers.

I'd rather not put it on the windscreen or anywhere on the paint. But those are the places I've seen them on bikes on base. I thought about the fork but I don't know how well that would work because the forks are round. thanks
    Submariners do it deeper

I can't remeber where I seen it, I think maybe someone here was making them, but they made a mount that attached to your forks I thought that you could attach your stickers too.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

A buddy of mine has a neat setup on his gixxer. Imagine somethin like a flag on a flagpole. He took a piece of flat aluminum plate, cut it to the size of the sticker, and mounted it trailing behind his left fork. It's like the fender just continues down and you see a sticker. Actually looks pretty neat and not an eyesore at all.
      '01 TL1000R

Comment

as long as you can point to it and the guard can see it - it'll probably be fine. there will be a regulation though. when i was in we had to take a MC course to be able to ride on base - they'll tell you were to put it.
        i have forgotten - but i put mine on the fork tube

tim

Comment

I've generally seen them attached to the front forks. The separate plate idea sounds good in theory, but it may not comply to regulations as it isn't permanently attached to the vehicle. That is, it could be removed from the bike (um, stolen) and attached to another unauthorized motorcycle. Not a good thing in these times of increased attention to security!
          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

the plate things works. There are a few bikes here with them on. We just get metals tech or sheet metal shop to make them for us on their "free time".

Comment

I like the ideas of the makeshift mount. But I guess I'll end up looking for some room on the fork seeing as the state inspection sticker will go there also.
              Submariners do it deeper

Comment

The British have a decal plate that they need for inspection stickers (MoT) -- and these usually mount to premade bolts on the bike, such as the one that holds the OEM reflectors at the front wheel. My guess is that you should be able to score one of these very very cheaply and use it. You might want to ask one of our UK members (do we have any active?) about them.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

On my base it is generally required in the windscreen or left front fork. NO removable plates or anything that looks removable.
                  "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

some bases trip if it's removable. I just threw mine on the left fork
                    rock
                    always working on mods

Comment

I put the parking sticker for my work on a thin refigerator type magnet and trimmed the mag to the sticker. I stick it on the tank when I need it and remove it when I don't. It looks like it's stuck on there unless you actually try and pull it off.
                      92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

My base sticker is on my left front fork and the same goes for my wifes bike. If you look at my pictures you will see where it is at. It is real easy to put it on.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I absolutely REFUSE to allow them to put a sticker on my bike ANYWHERE!

They tell me it's gotta be mounted on something not removable, so they ask, "how about the screen?". I say, four screws and it is off in about 20 seconds. I would say that it is removable.

Ok....... "How about the left fork leg?". I say, four bolts and two brake lines and they are gone too. After that they see that I am not about to let them get their way. Especially after I pointed out that nice Harley with a cool chrome (Go figure) bracket with a decal on it and they finally relented. It probably helps that I am a senior member of the Marine Corps also.

What I use is some thin aluminum plate (Actually a door kick plate), cut it to size, drill to match the brake caliper bolt holes, and mount there. I bend it outwards a little bit for ease of visibility. I have a similar one on my Katana but can't seem to locate a pic with it. You should be able to get the idea though.

Wait...... I just found one.............. It's not real clear though.........

Ron
                          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Thats a nice looking bandit, and I love where you parked the Kat
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thanks Lou!

The Kat pics was from getting stuck in a snow storm. I snuck it into the hotel room so it would not freeze and so I could start it later
                              Ron
                              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
                              X